• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Feature Requests

Originally posted by Cranky
33 Application Vault scripts - to my knowledge, no other CP on the market features anywhere near as many - these are incredibly popular amongst my clients.

Don't get me wrong, I'm starting to like Plesk myself. However, cPanel totes the most I've seen before, running at 40-50 apps on demand. And most of these aren't just dull remakes of the originals, like php-nuke (not in plesk last I looked), don't see php list anywhere either...

Originally posted by hivelord
Don't get me wrong, I'm starting to like Plesk myself. However, cPanel totes the most I've seen before, running at 40-50 apps on demand. And most of these aren't just dull remakes of the originals, like php-nuke (not in plesk last I looked), don't see php list anywhere either...

To my knowledge they aren't part of cpanel, they're a commercial third-party add-on (fantastico). Plesk also has 2 commercial third-party add-ons for this that I know of (4PSA Integrator and one at CPSkins.com)...

another feature would be to add an "All" option to the user list for the crontab showing all registered cron jobs instead of having to go to each user and view what's listed.

i would like to see a true bandwidth calculation system...

not a system based on logs...

my example:
i've a file downloadable with a size of 350mb....

most part of the users that download it use a download manager like getright... in that way in my log i will see 4downloads requests for each ip (getright with its "accelerate" mode requests the same file multiple times...)

in that way the bandwidht usage after some time is this:

plesk: 200gb
ISP switch meter: 100gb
Hotsanic on the server: 100gb

i think that isp switch and hotsanic are real bandwidth calculation... plesk instead calculate a fake bandwidth and i will not be surprised if my costumers ask me for a refund if they find that the bandwidth usage reported by their panel is FAKE...:rolleyes:

Plesk 1 worked on Solaris, not sure if it's likely to be mainstream enough to be developed on again.

That’s too bad. We run a lot of java based web applications on Sun and have had a lot of success. With the cost of Sun Sparc hardware coming down and the increasing interest to utilized 64bit processors it's extremely cost effective to use Sun, especially if you buy used gear.

Plesk on freeBSD running on Sparc would rule...

If only the would make Plesk so it would use the portstree of freeBSD instead of making their own builds of the pkgs. This way I could keep my Apache/PHP/Mysql and so on up to date through my portstree and I would have to wait on SW-soft for package updates

Functionnality to treat subdomains as domains without adding it as a seperate domain in the cp. Wheter its about using a credit or not to supply dns, mail and frontpage capabilities to a subdomain that would be great because when you have a customer with only domain administator access ( no client account ) then they need 2 accounts to do this...( subdomain as standalone domain ) and his a pain for clients with limited number of domains.. it can be great for the hoster's side meaning that you have x standalone domain credits and those are good for domainand/or subdomains that would need complete functionnality...

Originally posted by Cranky
33 Application Vault scripts - to my knowledge, no other CP on the market features anywhere near as many - these are incredibly popular amongst my clients.

I'm not saying at all that you're not wrong ... there's plenty of must-have features which we don't have ... but it's software development, you can't expect everything to appear all at once without major bugs and problems - I don't want ANY of the above features if they're going to break my servers because they're rushed.

SWsoft have increased Plesk dev team significantly since acquiring Plesk, Inc. and have done a fantastic job at developing the product that is Plesk752 IMHO. I'd love to see some of these features in Plesk 8, but I'd also like to see a stable, reliable and relatively non-buggy product.

Without reading the whole thread I'd say psoft's H-Sphere has about the same or even more.

http://www.psoft.net/HSdocumentation/admin/easyapp_list.html

Thats the list and they have allot of standards built into the panel aswell...
So total maybe 36 orso ?

Originally posted by normanu
Without reading the whole thread I'd say psoft's H-Sphere has about the same or even more.

http://www.psoft.net/HSdocumentation/admin/easyapp_list.html

Thats the list and they have allot of standards built into the panel aswell...
So total maybe 36 orso ?

That wasn't my point. It's mostly irrelevant now as the other poster deleted all his posts.

Keep the features coming, there's some useful ones above!....

I just migrated from a Cobalt Raq to a server with Plesk. So here are some issues I have had and some features I would like:

A Plesk repair tool
Plesk is very brittle. If its internal database gets a little bit corrupted, nothing works anymore.

It happened when I migrated from the Cobalt. A bug in the migration agent resulted in a domain that was incorrectly created. It did not appear in the domain list, so it was impossible to delete it. It was also impossible to recreate it.

Then some pages were giving errors about some missing rows in the internal database.

So a tool that can parse and repair the database would be nice.

Domain aliasing
No need to explain, many people have already asked for it. It was really a pain to migrate from the Cobalt since several domains were aliased.

Rejected emails
I use the option "Mail to nonexistent user=>Forward to address". It allows to use one-time email addresses like with mailinator.com. However, I would like a way to reject some of the addresses when the get spammed. I could do that on the Cobalt.

Import emails from server
When I create a mail account, I would like to be able to import all the emails from a pop3 account on another server to this account. I can do that in Horde, but that would be very nice to have directly in Plesk.

No ridiculous pricing for spam assassin/postgres etc.
I find it outrageous that we have to pay extra for Spam assassin, postgres and language. The support plan is already not that cheap.

No ridiculous arbitrary limitations and rules.
For example, ftp user names and database user names cannot start with a number in Plesk. I had several starting with a number on the Cobalt.

Anyways, from what I see here, I am not that sure that swsoft care much.

Originally posted by werewolf
Rejected emails
I use the option "Mail to nonexistent user=>Forward to address". It allows to use one-time email addresses like with mailinator.com. However, I would like a way to reject some of the addresses when the get spammed. I could do that on the Cobalt.

You can do this in Plesk. If you're being spammed to [email protected] simply create a mail account for [email protected] but don't setup redirects, autoresponders, mailbox, etc. on the address and the mail will be silently deleted.

No ridiculous arbitrary limitations and rules.
For example, ftp user names and database user names cannot start with a number in Plesk. I had several starting with a number on the Cobalt.

That's not something that can be changed as Plesk created unix users for every FTP account and on linux (redhat at least) you can't have a user beginning with a number. I suspect Cobalt authenticates FTP users via MySQL instead.

Originally posted by PixyPumpkin
Configure bouncemaxbytes on Qmail
Also should mention that this control file for Qmail requires a patch to be installed and Qmail re-compiled. (AFAIR)

Another feature that should be great:
- Support for greylisting.

For who are interested in queue management we just added to Power Toys. Hope PLESK will include in the future this feature.

Feature Request

My domain users would like to be able to list the mail users actual name beside the email address in the window Mail names for domain

Re: Feature Request

Originally posted by Lindah
My domain users would like to be able to list the mail users actual name beside the email address in the window Mail names for domain
And maybe an additional comment field for each user would sometimes be handy as well.

Back