• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Feature Requests

Originally posted by Cranky
You can do this in Plesk. If you're being spammed to [email protected] simply create a mail account for [email protected] but don't setup redirects, autoresponders, mailbox, etc. on the address and the mail will be silently deleted.

I have a server wide email set up that way. Not mailbox, no password, no redirect, nothing. I call it [email protected]

I tell my clients to use it to redirect to for use in all no specific email address perferences in thier email panels.

I would love to see IP black lists on a per domain level. Not just the whole server.

Plesk Features..

Not all to die for...but teamspeak support would be nice ...

i wish...

easy uninstallation without throwing away a server. :(

I never realized how important was this until I needed it, i was dealing with a reseller account, and noticed that the domains the reseller adds, have my nameservers, and he have to manually edit them and add his.

i would LOVE to see on next version of plesk the ability to have client based DNS Templates

Among other things, the two things that really annoy me:

Apache ServerAdmin email address should not be listed as the clients, but as the server administrators for plesk, or better yet, and option. Clients have no real control over the web server.

Email listed in DNS entries should act the same. If there's a problem with a DNS entry for some reason and someone is using that e-mail address, more than likely it's not something the client can fix anyways.

These address are designed for e-mails to be sent to the administrators of these services, not clients using them.

Originally posted by techster
Among other things, the two things that really annoy me:

Apache ServerAdmin email address should not be listed as the clients, but as the server administrators for plesk, or better yet, and option. Clients have no real control over the web server.

Email listed in DNS entries should act the same. If there's a problem with a DNS entry for some reason and someone is using that e-mail address, more than likely it's not something the client can fix anyways.

These address are designed for e-mails to be sent to the administrators of these services, not clients using them.

I disagree. These should be kept as they currently are for anonymity reasons. Some of my clients don't want their domain users being told to email us, they want them to email them. If there is a critical problem requiring admin assistance the client will pass it on, since it is only the client and their domain users who can be affected by them.

Originally posted by Cranky
I disagree. These should be kept as they currently are for anonymity reasons. Some of my clients don't want their domain users being told to email us, they want them to email them. If there is a critical problem requiring admin assistance the client will pass it on, since it is only the client and their domain users who can be affected by them.

I can see this for reseller type accounts, but that's about it. Being able to specify an optional email address for both would be ideal, but then I would like a setting where I set it once, and and I am then able to set this email address as the default so I don't have to set it every time I create an account, if that makes sense. We don't offer reseller accounts, so if something goes wrong, I want these emails to come to my tech staff right away so the problem can get resolved as quickly as possible.

Here's an example of why I hate the way it is now. I have two personal domains in our box. The contact e-mail address I have setup for myself is my personal address through my ISP. This address now shows up in both the dns listing and in the server response. Granted, I can turn that off for Apache, but it's mandatory to be in the dns zone listing. This can give the impression that my site is then hosted through my ISP and someone may be willing to e-mail them about the problem, even though the domain has nothing to do with them. Now, I could change this to be an e-mail address associated with that domain, but if something goes wrong with the dns that effects that dns listing, hence the MX record as well, I'll never get that e-mail.

I can respect people's anonymousity for certain areas, but in my case, and I'm sure many others as well, it's just not necessary to have.

Domain Aliases, a la Ensim

Overall, I prefer Plesk over Ensim (which I use in my day job), but there's one Ensim feature I'm dying for: Domain Aliasing.

In the competing product, you can enter a list of domain aliases which just point to the main domain name.

for example: bunnies.com is the main domain
ilovebunnies.com is an alias
bunnies.info is an alias

BP

do anybody know when the next version is being released? anytime soon like springtime 06?

how much does it cost to update?

features wise i don't think there's anything major i'd like to see. i would however like to see a speed increase!

i run plesk on a dual 2.8 xeon box with 2GB ram and next to no load and the plesk interface is slow!

it's just not right! :p

Since 7.5.4/PHP5 it's much quicker than it used to be IMHO.

Spamassassin: Ability to import (upload) Whitelists & Backlists from a text file.

Originally posted by cyrus1u1
do anybody know when the next version is being released?
7.5.5 was supposed to be released about now, but they've decided to go to 8 now. They say "Q1 2006. In the February/March time frame".

adam

So this means i need to give sw soft MORE MONEY to actually fix all the issues I am having with Plesk on Debian, especially with Qmail???
To make it clear, I don't like being ****ed in the ***.

if this is true, my *** is getting a little more relaxed now :p

Back