• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

PHP Settings Not Taking Effect

TheBigWebH

New Pleskian
[I updated this as re-reading it today, I think I could have explained this clearer]

Hello. I am hoping someone can help me with a problem with me setting PHP settings. I am hoping there is someone smart enough on here that can help.

Problem:
- I make changes to the PHP settings but they don't seem to take effect. I even had tried making the changes in the php.ini file, but some of the changes here don't take effect either. I have found similiar posts, but resolutions that work. I have restarted the IIS service after the changes, but this did not change the results I see in phpinfo();.

Examples of Changes Not Taking Effect:
- I changed "error_log" in PHP Settings. phpinfo showed no value for error_log. I changed error_log in php.ini and the change took effect for both local and global.
- memory_limit is set to 128M in php.ini. It shows as 32M for local and 128M for global with phpinfo(). No matter what I change this to (some value, "-1", default) in 'PHP Settings', the value does not change for local.
- The same problem with 'memory_limit' also occurs for post_max_size.
- PHP 5.2 and 5.4 are installed. If I change the version under the 'General' tab, it stays as 5.2.17 in phpinfo().
- I have changed the error_log setting in php.ini and 'PHP Settings', but still nothing is logged in the error_log file with safe_mode on or off (set to local directory). There is a note out there saying that with PHP 5.2, safe_mode on will not write to file.
- I have performed IIS Restarts, but this did not make any settings take effect.
- I also have tried changing PHP settings under the 'general' and "PHP Settings' tab, both under the website area and the advanced options->Website Scripting and Security. So the 'website' settings would be specific for the website and under 'Website Scripting and Security' would be for the webspace. Changing in either location does not make a difference.

Other Note
- I discovered this, because a client was getting a 501 when performing a post, which also sent an email. If he attached a file larger than 7MB to his form, the code would fail with a 501 error. After investigating, the "To" field was blank if a person attached a file larger than 7MB. Defnitely seems to be a memory issue. But since no log file, nor will my settings take effect, I have not been able to resolve this.

PLESK Version
- 11.0.9 Update #62 on Windows 2008 and IIS is the web server.

Any gurus?
DI

Last edited:
The original problem that started this whole mess is not fixed, but I did find answers to some of my problems, so I thought I would post the solutions incase someone runs into this....

1) PHP Settings not taking effect -> Under Server->IP Addresses, a default site was selected. This creates a *.443 entry in IIS. The user was using a domain that was not the actual domain (ie. Going to domain1.net, but code was under domain2.net). Thus the PHP settings were actually taking effect, but not under the correct domain.
2) Log file Not Populating -> This was an access thing.

I am going to open a new thread for my memory problem.

Back