• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

PHP - without mysql... How to enable?

albans

Regular Pleskian
Hi,
I'm a bit surprised as I got a new VDS under FC4 with PSA 8.1.1 that shows under the phpinfo this line for the Configure Command:
PHP:
'./configure' '--build=i386-redhat-linux' '--host=i386-redhat-linux' '--target=i386-redhat-linux-gnu' 
'--program-prefix=' '--prefix=/usr' '--exec-prefix=/usr' '--bindir=/usr/bin' '--sbindir=/usr/sbin' 
'--sysconfdir=/etc' '--datadir=/usr/share' '--includedir=/usr/include' 
'--libdir=/usr/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/libexec' '--localstatedir=/var' 
'--sharedstatedir=/usr/com' '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--infodir=/usr/share/info' 
'--cache-file=../config.cache' '--with-libdir=lib' '--with-config-file-path=/etc' 
'--with-config-file-scan-dir=/etc/php.d' '--disable-debug' '--with-pic' '--disable-rpath' '--with-bz2' 
'--with-curl' '--with-exec-dir=/usr/bin' '--with-freetype-dir=/usr' '--with-png-dir=/usr' 
'--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--without-gdbm' '--with-gettext' '--with-gmp' '--with-iconv' 
'--with-jpeg-dir=/usr' '--with-openssl' '--with-png' '--with-pspell' '--with-expat-dir=/usr' 
'--with-pcre-regex=/usr' '--with-zlib' '--with-layout=GNU' '--enable-exif' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-magic-quotes' 
'--enable-sockets' '--enable-sysvsem' '--enable-sysvshm' '--enable-sysvmsg' '--enable-track-vars' 
'--enable-trans-sid' '--enable-yp' '--enable-wddx' '--with-pear=/usr/share/pear' 
'--with-kerberos' '--enable-ucd-snmp-hack' '--with-unixODBC=shared,/usr' 
'--enable-memory-limit' '--enable-shmop' '--enable-calendar' '--enable-dbx' '--enable-dio' 
'--with-mime-magic=/etc/httpd/conf/magic' '--without-sqlite' '--with-libxml-dir=/usr' '--with-xml' 
'--with-apxs2=/usr/sbin/apxs' 
'--without-mysql' '--without-gd' '--without-odbc' '--disable-dom' '--disable-dba'

As you can see, the VDS has been configured >>> '--without-mysql' !!! Damn! And '--without-gd'... What a shame.

So, how can reconfigure it in order to enable those modules? Especially on a Plesk host >> I don't know where the source of PHP is?!

I tried a "yum install php-mysql"... It installed everything, but even after the restart of httpd, mysql is still disabled.

Thanks for your help!

Is it PHP5? If so you may need to go into your php.ini file and enable the mysql libraries (turned off by default in 5)

I have the exactly problem.

just upgraded use yum with centosplus channel.

configure command shows from phpinfo():

(skiped)......'--without-mysql' '--without-gd' '--without-odbc' '--disable-dom' '--disable-dba' '--without-unixODBC' '--disable-pdo' '--disable-xmlreader' '--disable-xmlwriter'

oops.. Sorry

I fogot to reboot after upgrade. problem now solved.

Back