• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

phpMyAdmin inaccessible for users

Grey

New Pleskian
We recently migrated from Plesk 10.4.4 Update #59 on Debian 6.0.10 (squeeze) to 12.0.18 Update #62 on Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS (trusty). This all seemed to work fine until I tried to use phpMyAdmin.

If I use my admin account to login via Plesk try to use webmin (phpmyadmin) I can successfully manipulate all databases (including those users created for their websites). However if I login as a user via Plesk and try the same with their own database I get:

---
Welcome to phpMyAdmin

You probably did not create a configuration file. You might want to use the setup script to create one.

Error
MySQL said:

Cannot connect: invalid settings. ---
Clicking the link gives me:

---
Error in Processing Request
Error code: 404
Error text: Not Found
---

The old environment on the Debian server also used a Apache alias on /phpmyadmin to a non-Plesk maintained version of phpMyadmin in /usr/local/share. Although I figure this might also work I would prefer the Plesk maintained version instead. I also tried to apt-get install phpmyadmin but then it indicates that it will remove plesk packages which are vital. So I opted not to go ahead with this.

Thanks UFHH01. I think the first KB might help me out but just to make sure it indicates that "There are two ways to resolve the problem:" Am I right that "way" one is step 1. And "way" two is step 2 through 4 in the KB?

Hi Grey,

Thanks UFHH01. I think the first KB might help me out but just to make sure it indicates that "There are two ways to resolve the problem:" Am I right that "way" one is step 1. And "way" two is step 2 through 4 in the KB?

yes, the KB - article doesn't state clear, what the TWO different ways are, but you already figured out, that STEP 1 is ONE resolution, while STEP 2-4 is the second one. :)

Hi UFHH01. Thanks for the input, might consider updating the KB ;)

I've tried handful of databases to see if I get the same issue (NULL value for id, type and password) as indicated by the KB. However my sql query returns proper results where account_id matches id and type and password are also filled out.

I do notice that there is a difference between the old and new environments from this query. Namely that type is set to plain (old) and sym (new). The password indicates that too, plaintext (old) and AES-128 (new).

Back