• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Please Help

BloggerTalks

New Pleskian
i just started making use of Plesk, and i developed a script but i always see this message in logs but i don't know what it means please, please kindly help me explain Thanks.

13840#0: *28367 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Warning: Unknown: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-php73) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/vhosts/domain.com/:/tmp/) in Unknown on line 0" while reading response header from upstream

Your website is located in /var/www/vhosts/domain.com, but your script tries to access /var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-php73. The PHP setting "open_basedir" restricts access to files and directories to your own subscription. You cannot access files or directories located elsewhere on your server. To resolve the issue you will need to identify the script or configuraton entry in your software that is using the "wrong" path and use a valid path inside your own subscription instead.

Thanks A lot i will do that now cause i was using random subdomain and pointing the subdomain to a folder in the parent domain, okay i will check that now

The request seems it coming from Google Bot
2020-10-11 12:17:23Warning66.249.64.2913840#0: *34441 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Warning: Unknown: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-php73) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/vhosts/domain.com/:/tmp/) in Unknown on line 0" while reading response header from upstream
Complete IP Address Details for 66.249.64.29 i check and the ip is Google Bot, but i have left cPanel since 10days plus now and it showing cPanel stuff when i am making use of Plesk :(

It has nothing to do from where a request is coming. Your website is trying to store to or read from a path that is outside your own subscription.

Thanks @Peter Debik God bless you, please what do u suggest I do or it does not matter cause what the message is showing is cpanel and I don't even know how do stop such log , or will it not affect my server or sites ?

You need to search your website where the string "/var/cpanel/php/sessions" occurs. This defines the current location for session files. It needs to be replaced with a value that is within you rown subscription path.

To search the files of your website, an easy way is to log in to the Linux comman line and run
# grep -R "/var/cpanel/php/sessions" *
from your document root directory. It will show you all files and context where the string occurs.

To make the change, create a directory that descends from your web space directory and give it at least 0750 privileges. Then change the occurenc(es) of the "/var/cpanel/php/sessions" to "/var/www/vhosts/<your domain>/<your session directory>" (replace <your domain> with your domain and <your session directory> with the directory name that you have created in the previous step).

grep -R "/var/cpanel/php/sessions" *
Good morning, the code not working on Putty it will just stay like that and bring a new line nothing else

If it displays a new empty line and nothing else happens (no new prompt shows), grep is still running and collecting data. Depending on the number of files in your installation, it can take a while for grep to walk through all the files and directories recursively. If it displays a new prompt without output, it did not find any of such entries in the files. In that case, the configuration value is likely stored in a dataset of the database that the software is using.

But here the issue, i have new site i started with Plesk no issues with them using same script no log and running same things same database, but i guess the issue might be from cloud flare or so.. cause same website using same script same database if it was really Plesk issue, the new website suppose to have same error i guess it cloud flare. i will investigate more on this

Your error message was

PHP message: PHP Warning: Unknown: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-php73) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/vhosts/domain.com/:/tmp/)

It cannot be more precise than this. It has nothing to do with cloudflare or Plesk or anything beyond a wrong path being used by your website's software. You will not be able to solve this in any other way but to replace the wrong path with a path that leads to a storage location inside your own subscription.

@Peter Debik i have seen it lol :D

mydomain.com / httpdocs / temp / .user.ini​

; cPanel-generated php ini directives, do not edit
; Manual editing of this file may result in unexpected behavior.
; To make changes to this file, use the cPanel MultiPHP INI Editor (Home >> Software >> MultiPHP INI Editor)
; For more information, read our documentation (PHP Home - EasyApache 4 - cPanel Documentation)

display_errors = On
max_execution_time = 30
max_input_time = 60
max_input_vars = 1000
memory_limit = 32M
post_max_size = 8M
session.gc_maxlifetime = 1440
session.save_path = "/var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-php73"
upload_max_filesize = 2M
zlib.output_compression = On

wow thanks alot this forum is really lovely i never knew, cause the other new site dont make use of that folder only the wildcard subdomains

Back