• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Please let us know what you think about PLESK 7 for windows!

P

PixyPumpkin

Please let us know what you think about PLESK 7 for Windows!
Is somebody running it on a production server? Thx!

On a test server, its great, so much better than 6.5. 10/10 for the work put into it by the swsoft team.

On a production server I cannot say yet as havent been able to upgrade. Will be posting once the upgrades are done tho :D

On Production Server

I am running Plesk 7 on production server and have been up for 2 days and no problem at all performing.

I had a few problems upgrading my full back up from plesk 6.5 to plesk 7. and currently have a problem with 3 domains that for some reason doesn't resolve/work at all.

In general, I like a lot Plesk 7.

I'm using it on a production server and have had quite a few problems. DNS doesnt seem to work. I don't think Horde mail is installed but I can find a way to tell.

The documentation says you should start out with a cleanly installed Windows 2003 box but that just wasn't doable for me.

From the few items I have got working I like it and will keep trying but right now the best way I can describe my feelings of Plesk 7 is, aprehensive.

Justin

I have 2 thinks to say:

there are a lot of folders in the FTP, but Plesk 7 is the Best ! :)

so far it's working great. You don't need a clean install but I do recommend re-installing IIS fresh

Well, i have try for 14 days to get it to run nicly so i kan make some hosting, but it dont work, I hobe it get better soon.
And support fix what ever problem I have..
I try on win 2k and now on win 2k3 but still lot of problems.

I don't know why people are having trouble.... I installed it on windows 2003 server (on the plesk 7 logo it says designed for windows 2003) I have many sites on it that I am hosting. Not a single problem. At first it may seem a little confusing but no issues. As long as you start with a clean IIS etc... there are no issues. My clients love this control panel.

I connected with dreamweaver and was able to edit my sites and all taht with no problems

Is 7.0 only for Server 2003? Or can I upgrade my Server 2000 as well?

After plesk support fix my problems whit permissions, it runs fine, whit no problems yes.
Then I thing it is the greatest tool ever!

But im thing it is to unstable, meaning that I have installed plesk 7 for windows on a win2k server, that did not work. Then I try on a clean 2003, but it still had a lot of problems. I reinstalled it 3-5 times but the problems were the same. Only when plesk support log into my server and fixed it, my problems want away.
I do not hope is necessary to install plesk 7 anymore, due to the problems I have experience.
Also plesk support did not give details about what they fix, so I don’t know what to do next time.

Subdomains:
I see that some one want subdomains to be sup as a domain, but I really like it as it is now. For them those who like it the other way: who don you just setup a subdomain like a domain sub.domain.com

The Plesk 7...good not more.
Many problems.
Why SWsoft not do that when you install the Plesk all the configuration will be set automaticlly?

example the CGI and PERL not configured, you need to do it after the installation!

one more problem!
if you have ASP site that run on the server you must rename the Internal_server_error.html page in ERRORDOCS if you want the the ASP MISTAKES will be show...!!!!
Or the CGI ..ETC

ahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad:

Well, the internal DNS server (BIND) in Plesk 7.0 has a CPU usage problem with multiprocessor servers.
I hope they can fix it by a functional hotfix cause thier old hotfix is not the solution. :(

Back