• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Please let us know what you think about PLESK 7 for windows!

Well I reluctantly upgraded to 7.0 and Server 2003. So far after a week of running the new OS and CP, I have not had a single problem.

The CPU usage is not a problem for me as my entire server is only at 11%.

Here is what is on it.

58 Voice servers, Plesk w / 17 clients.

I have to say I am impressed at this point although, I should not have had to upgrade and foot the bill for the $800.00 OS + install.

Server 2003, dual Xeon 3.06 CPU's, 3GIGS of DDR ECC, and 2x 80 GIG IDE HD's.

cVarz - What was the method you used to upgrade? Was it using the migration utility?

Thanks,
Paul

No - I did not use the migration tool at all. It failed when I tried using it every time in the past.

I backed up all web sites manually, Then I ripped the box down to the screws.

Installed Server 2003 fresh, full install with all componenets installed and/or enabled. (no upgrade).

Then I installed Plesk and configured it.

I figured I would leave everything on and installed, and work my way back - instead of installing items going forward.

So far, everything is working - as it should have from the begining.

Also keep in mind Paul, I am not a web host. I host some sites for friends and a few select customers I develop web sites for. So if you are looking for detailed anwsers to "Web Hosting" , I may not have the anwser for you.

I personally can't believe anyone would want to host web sites, it is a real pain in the ***.

Back