• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 10.2 - Trouble sending E-Mails to "freenet.de"

S

StefanGl

Hello,

i've got big trouble sending e-mails to customers which are hostet @freenet.de.

Apr 27 10:05:16 pro1827 qmail: 1303891516.261783 status: local 0/10 remote 0/20
Apr 27 10:05:16 pro1827 qmail: 1303891516.261795 starting delivery 111: msg 29605958 to remote [email protected]
Apr 27 10:05:16 pro1827 qmail: 1303891516.261804 status: local 0/10 remote 1/20
Apr 27 10:05:16 pro1827 qmail: 1303891516.261813 end msg 29606036
Apr 27 10:05:16 pro1827 qmail-remote-handlers[8811]: Handlers Filter before-remote for qmail started ...
Apr 27 10:05:16 pro1827 qmail-remote-handlers[8811]: [email protected]
Apr 27 10:05:16 pro1827 qmail-remote-handlers[8811]: [email protected]
Apr 27 10:05:16 pro1827 qmail: 1303891516.302960 delivery 111: deferral: System_resources_temporarily_unavailable._(#4.3.0)/
Apr 27 10:05:16 pro1827 qmail: 1303891516.302981 status: local 0/10 remote 0/20

I'm getting everytime an "System_resources_temporarily_unavailable._(#4.3.0)".

All other providers (gmx, web.de, hotmail, googlemail, etc.) are working correctly. There I've got no problems sending e-mails to them. My providers says, that they are not blocking any outgoing traffic from my server.

Trying telnet to freenet seems also working correctly.

telnet mx.freenet.de smtp
Trying 195.4.92.211...
Connected to mx.freenet.de.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 0.mx.freenet.de ESMTP Exim 4.72 Tue, 26 Apr 2011 17:12:51 +0200
421 0.mx.freenet.de: SMTP command timeout - closing connection
Connection closed by foreign host.

Could anyone help me to solve this problem?
I'm running Qmail, Debian 5 and Plesk 10.2.

Regards,
Stefan

I'm also experiencing the same problem.
And I also noticed two other domains behaving the same way.

Any ideas?

here is a solution - but don't lough.

according to what i found out it is a problem with plesk qmail and domains which have a certain MX setup with ipv6. domains were increasing over several weeks. the error has been 4.3.0 in the logs, similar to a greylist temp error - but never clears. see log in the first post.

there are patches for qmail, but i don't think they apply to plesk.

i did not try to alter my ipv6 configuration or modules or whatever on the system (ubuntu 8.04) and see if that changes anything. you may do that.

switched to postfix. solved this problem and some more, f.e. warning mails now working.

beware that if you have the problem of the first post, you might be losing mail. quite some mails did not go through and did not come back here.

Last edited:
Thx, I'll try to switch to postfix this evening and post my results.

some hints on that:

- don't delete /var/qmail - it will be used later

- if you have "permission denied" errors from pop3/imap sessions, check /var/qmail rights. i had to chown to popuser a level higher for it to work. rebuilding or building from scratch the mailboxes with plesk tool does not solve this.

- postfix main.cf and master.cf need quite some work

- for ssl it is necessary to enable the smtps port as well. also it is a good chance to set up all certificates correctly. plesk panel can be used or new ones.

- don't host the full name of the server as a domain in plesk, just to catch all the local mails or such. it will fail, local mails will go to localhost.localdomain and stay in the queue. use /etc/aliases and according tools, delete domain from plesk.

at the end i feel that postfix is the more advanced MTA. and yet easy to configure.

Thanks @ugr|dual for the hint. It did the trick. Also many thanks for the tipps.

The problem in that qmail-remote can't deliver message (open and initialize socket) and generate this error. I suppose it is caused by greylisting. Detailed investigation is required. I think that you can try to rebuild handlers at least. You can find instruction in KB.

Last edited:
We had same problem running Plesk 10.3.x with qmail and giving us the error "System_resources_temporarily_unavailable". We did a workaround by reinstalling an older version of qmail described here (unfortunatly onyl in german, but you might us google translate): goo.gl/rbg6y

Right now we think it's because of IPv6 support patched in qmail and running on a machine without IPv6 config.

Could you please someone fill this template with all necessary details? I will forward it to developers for detailed investigation.

Here goes the report:
---------------------------------------------------------------
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

Plesk 10.3.x, RHEL5.6, x86_64

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION AND STEPS TO REPRODUCE

qMail doesn't send to some major isps in germany like strato (mailin.rzone.de) or freenet.
Both have already ipv6 activated on their mx. qMail logs error "System_resources_temporarily_unavailable" #4.3.0" and queues them.

ACTUAL RESULT
System_resources_temporarily_unavailable" #4.3.0

EXPECTED RESULT
delivery

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
a forced install to the following qmail rpms has solved this problem:
psa-mail-driver-common-10.10.1-rhel5.build1010110120.18.x86_64.rpm
plesk-mail-qc-driver-10.10.1-rhel5.build1010110120.18.x86_64.rpm
psa-qmail-1.03-rhel5.build1010110112.13.x86_64.rpm

# rpm -Uvh plesk-mail-qc-driver-10.10.1-rhel5.build1010110120.18.x86_64.rpm --force --nodeps
# rpm -Uvh plesk-mail-qc-driver-10.10.1-rhel5.build1010110120.18.x86_64.rpm --force
# rpm -Uvh psa-qmail-1.03-rhel5.build1010110112.13.x86_64.rpm --force

--------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you. I have forwarded this report to developers. I will update thread with results as soon as I receive it.

Hello IgorG,

failure notice

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at plesk.grafitecture.de.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<[email protected]>:
System resources temporarily unavailable. (#4.3.0) I'm not going to try again; this message has been in the queue too long.

when exactly will you guys at Parallels fix this issue or can you provide us a selfmade quick-fix ?

I have received following from developers:

Unfortunately i can't reproduce this problem on my test environment. So i'm not sure what possible custom fix works. Could you give me some environment for it?

So, if it is possible, you can send login credentials to your server to me in PM.

The problem in that qmail is compiled with IPv6 support and tries to get DNS information with help of IPv6 primitives. For fixing this issue you can use qmail-remote.moved from Plesk 10.1 version without IPv6 support implemented. Also as possible workaround you can enable IPv6 on network interface without assigning real IPv6 address. It should help.

Hi Igor,
thanks for the response. I doubt that the enabling of IPv6 in the NICs works - at least at our environments. We are running plesk inside vz and had IPv6 enabled in venet nics. During search for an workaround we disabled it.
If we keep it enabled we got an error similiar like this "kernel not compliled with IPv6 support" while restartin network with /etc/init.d/network restart

Regards,

Boris

I'm still receiving the error

I built a new server last week. Installed Plesk and started migrating domains there. However, I'm halted that process until I can get outgoing email issues resolved. Specifically, there are some messages that are just wedged in my outbound queue. In looking at the maillog file, I'm seeing entries that say

deferral: System_resources_temporarily_unavailable._(#4.3.0)

on the messages that are trying to be sent out. I've done some research on this and it seems to do something with IPV6 functionality and qmail, as noted earlier in this thread. I've got a current software level. Should this have gone away? I can't finish my transition to this server until this is resolved.

Back