• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 10.3.0 : Stopped Creating Backups

Byron R

New Pleskian
Hi, I have my scheduled backups set to run at 23:59 every night and store to my FTP Repository. This has worked fine for months on end, but after upgrading to Plesk 10.3.0 it no longer creates backups AT ALL!

Has anyone else come across this problem or know how to resolve it.

I have made sure that the settings are correct and that the FTP remote HDD is available for the backup to be stored on it but still nothing.

The system will allow me to create "manual" full backups onto the server repository and the ftp repository.

Any Help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Byron R.

Any logs, details, error messages?
"Something is not working" is not enough for investigation.

Me too! Worked for months fine - but since update to 10.3.0 no more scheduled backups! No hints in the log files.

Plesk, work on it, please!

backups failing on 10.3

I have 3 plesk servers.

All were upgraded to 10.3 so that I could get the latest php 5.3. All 3 are failing backups.

Plesk please review and fix this in the next hot patch

I have ticketed Parallels Plesk to look at my system, they should be doing so in the next couple of days. Once the diagnosis of my system is complete ill inform you guys.

Thank you very much...

I have over 100 domains on these servers......its almost impossible to do these backups by hand

I have ticketed Parallels Plesk to look at my system, they should be doing so in the next couple of days. Once the diagnosis of my system is complete ill inform you guys.

Could you please provide me Parallels Support ticket ID? I will check it.

Parallels Plesk have resolved the issue on my server by apparently running the bootstrapper resolves the issue with the BackupsRunning table!

Ok what is running the bootstrapper I have no idea :/ can anyone post the command?

I ran the bootstrapper program but still the scheduled backup doesnt work. It was 7:32 and I set the backup to be scheduled at 8:00 but it is not running. Can anyone help?

Ok, it's just a WORKAROUND but not the SOLUTION.

When I use the workaround I am not able to define the backup time exactly. When do you think you'll have a real solution for the backup issue?

Ok, it's just a WORKAROUND but not the SOLUTION.

When I use the workaround I am not able to define the backup time exactly. When do you think you'll have a real solution for the backup issue?

Why you are not able? It is usual cron format where you can define time exactly. Read cron documentation.
Bug under developer's investigation and will be fixed soon, I hope.

Why you are not able? It is usual cron format where you can define time exactly. Read cron documentation.
Bug under developer's investigation and will be fixed soon, I hope.

Thanks fixed the problem for me too but I fear that the 'Keep only 7 copies' will not work. As far as I know the people at Parallels are working on the problem?

As for the cron stuff.
Here's the line which will start the backup every day at 13:30:

30 13 * * * root [ -x /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/backupmng ] && /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/backupmng >/dev/null 2>&1

Bernd

Back