• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 11.0 Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sergey L

CTO Plesk
Staff member
Hello,

Plesk 11.0 previews are available at http://www.parallels.com/download/plesk/11 and will be updated weekly.

You can download a build and a license key there.

The recommended evaluation path would be either to restore backup of live machine there or clone a live machine and attempt upgrade. In case there would be a problem, either you would notice it as a result of this operations OR it will be noticed by Parallels (in case you didn't choose to block sending problem reports).

Changelog is available (but yet more items to be delivered in next builds). Things to pay special attention at:
- Nginx
- cloning feature makes preparing and applying images for hypervisor VMs (Xen, PSBM, KVM, etc) much easier

Regards

First look:

Still - courier-imap.
No other web-mail clients (Horde; Atmail), but from first look, looks third party web-mail now works correctly.
Changed default template for Plesk, but not CBM.
Still no ability for customer to get Schet-factura, only invoice.
No ability to customize online store.
PhpMyAdmin 3.4.5 when 3.4.10 available.

What about more detailed changelog? Now is a little bit hard to find all changes?

Can we expect dovecot support in this version?

Hello,
openSuSE 12.1 is listed in the supported operating systems, but there is no autoinstaller for it!?
Where can i find it?

openSuSE 12.1 is listed in the supported operating systems, but there is no autoinstaller for it!?
Where can i find it?

Dennisen, now we have some unresolved problems with this OS and it will be available for next preview (2-3 weeks).

I hope, Parallels will integrate Horde Framework 4.0 (Imp 5) into Plesk.

The actual used version in Plesk 10.4.4. of Horde Framework 3.3.10 (Imp 4) is a little bit old!!

What about more detailed changelog? Now is a little bit hard to find all changes?

Can we expect dovecot support in this version?

Hi, more detailed changelog will be available a bit later. We are continue development, so most of smaller changers will be shipped next previews. Dovecot isn't yet included unfortunately.

Regards

Next expected update: 28 Mar 2012
Seems that there is much more problems ...

Hi, we will ship next preview right after scheduled completion of internal iteration (~ one month). Next preview will have more features available and then we will start shipping them weekly (fixes and stabilization). Previously announced date was a miscommunication.

Regards

I hope, Parallels will integrate Horde Framework 4.0 (Imp 5) into Plesk.

The actual used version in Plesk 10.4.4. of Horde Framework 3.3.10 (Imp 4) is a little bit old!!

oh yes, it would be great!

Thanks, installed it! Today it was release for Preview 11.0 also, but i can't install it:
Installation will not continue because your operating system
"'SuSE' 'Linux' '12.1' 'x86_64'" is not supported.

Any workaround? Bugreport has already been sent.

//EDIT: Lol, a second after i posted this and restarted the installer, it now works oO

Last edited:
Plesk 11.0 Preview #2

Hi,
Yesterday we have updated downloads for Plesk 11.0 Preview - http://www.parallels.com/download/plesk/11

It includes -

Parallels Plesk Panel 11.0.1

[+] (Only for Linux) New operating systems. Parallels Panel can be installed on the following operating systems:

RedHat Enterprise Linux 5.8 (i386 and x64)
CentOS 5.8 (i386 and x64)
[+] (Only for Linux) Support for SuSE 12.1. Parallels Panel can be installed on SuSE 12.1.

[+] (Only for Linux) nginx 1.1.17. The version of the nginx component was upgraded to 1.1.17; it includes all security fixes.

[+] Specify required Apache modules for APS apps. We extended the support for the Apache aspect, so APS applications are now capable of checking whether certain Apache modules are available to ensure the app operability. Learn more about the supported APS aspects in Parallels Panel.

[+] Specify PHP requirements for APS apps. We extended the support for the PHP aspect, so APS applications are now capable of checking whether specific PHP settings and limits are set to ensure the app operability. Learn more about the supported APS aspects in Parallels Panel.

[*] (Only for Linux) phpMyAdmin 3.4.10.1. The version of the phpMyAdmin component was upgraded to 3.4.10.1. It includes all security fixes.

[*] (Only for Linux) openssl-0.9.8 on CentOS 5. Parallels Panel uses the 0.9.8 version of the openssl component on CentOS if the Server Name Indication is active.

[*] Integration with the Parallels Panel page on Facebook. Administrators can Like the Parallels Panel page on Facebook from within the control panel itself. This feature can be hidden by modifying the panel.ini file. Learn more about managing the button visibility.

[*] Product rating widget. Administrators can rate Parallels Panel and provide their feedback after one month since their first login. This feature can be hidden by adding the following lines to the panel.ini file:
[rating]
enabled=false
showAfterDays=30
The location of the ini file is as follows:

/usr/local/psa/admin/conf/panel.ini
If the file does not exist, create it.
[*] Use either 11.0 or 10.4 theme after upgrade. After upgrade, Administrators can either try the new 11.0 interface theme or continue using the previous one, which was used in 10.4. If the administrators decide to change the theme later, they can do it in Tools & Settings > Panel Branding. Read more about changing branding and themes.

[-] (Only for Linux) CloudLinux 6.2 is now supported.

Parallels Customer and Business Manager 11.0.1

[+] Pay-as-you-go hosting. Administrators and resellers can create hosting plans that let subscribers consume more resources than initially provided, and additionally pay for extra resources. Learn more about the pay-as-you-go hosting.

[+] Selling domain names and SSL certificates from Customer & Business Manager in Panel. Customers can order domain names and SSL certificates from their providers’ online stores through the Control Panel. Learn more about selling domain names and SSL certificates.

[+] Promoting plans with affiliate programs. These programs are available to customers with hosting plan subscriptions. Administrators and resellers can involve such customers in promoting their plans: customers distribute links to their providers’ online stores and earn commissions for each sign-up under their links. Learn more about affiliate programs.

[+] Improved task management. We reworked the tasks (former events) management page to improve its usability and increased the task manager performance. Learn more about task management.

[*] The PayPal PayFlow Pro gateway supports recurring payments.

[*] Administrators and resellers can adjust the format of invoice numbers. Schet-factura numbers are customizable as well. Learn how to change the invoices and schet-facturas formats.

Parallels Web Presence Builder 11.0.1

[+] Website Dashboard. Website Dashboard is a one-stop information hub where a website administrator can see the current state of their website. The Dashboard provides one-point access to such vital information as visitor statistics (based on Google Analytics), Comments (based on Disqus) and E-Shop orders (based on Ecwid).

[+] Columns. Customers can add modules via drag-and-drop not only one under another, but also next to each other, automatically creating columns. Up to three columns can be created.

[+] Flexible layout. Customers can change the elasticity of various website areas independently of each other – for example, making header elastic while keeping fixed width of the remaining content. It is also possible to make sidebars start next to the header, as opposed to under it.

[+] Round corners. Customers can make corners round for any given website area (header, footer, sidebars, content).

[+] The Logo module. The website logo is now a separate module that can be added outside the Banner module.

[*] Site-wide concept changes. Header and Footer are now site-wide areas, so every module put in them is displayed on the whole website. Sidebars and Сontent have a page-specific area in the center and site-wide areas at the top and the bottom.

[*] The Design tab. Layout and Style tabs were combined into one Design tab to improve usability.

[*] Image Gallery paging. The Image Gallery module has customizable paging, making life easier for the owners of huge galleries and their visitors.

[*] Mobile websites. Websites are now optimized for viewing on smartphones and tablets.

[*] Hiding the SiteBuilder 4.5 import feature. Administrators can hide the SiteBuilder 4.5 import feature to make it unavailable from the GUI.

As I see there is still total mess with CBM language files. I have own localisation and all fields are changed. Now I need again do lot of work to fix.

Hello, EgidijusS

Could you please be more specific about what is wrong with CBM locale?
Do you mean that there are a lot of changes in locale which you now need to translate into your language?

Sorry, that was my mistake. I didn't clean cache, so in store was only vars. After clearing cache seems OK.

But there still is another issue with anacron job:

sendmail: warning: inet_protocols: IPv6 support is disabled: Address family not supported by protocol
sendmail: warning: inet_protocols: configuring for IPv4 support only
postdrop: warning: inet_protocols: IPv6 support is disabled: Address family not supported by protocol
postdrop: warning: inet_protocols: configuring for IPv4 support only
/etc/cron.daily/60sa-update:

Shutting down psa-spamassassin service: [ OK ]
Starting psa-spamassassin service: [ OK ]

I receiving this mail every day. Is there any problems with server conf or with plesk. I'm talking about IPv6. It is clean CentOS 5.

CPU GenuineIntel, Intel(R) Xeon(R)CPU E5430 @ 2.66GHz
Version Parallels Plesk Panel v11.0.1_build110120323.19 os_CentOS 5
OS Linux 2.6.18-308.el5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back