• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 11.0 Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
When this becomes a stable release will you be able to upgrade from 10.4.4 to 11 as easy as it is to install the microupdates?

When this becomes a stable release will you be able to upgrade from 10.4.4 to 11 as easy as it is to install the microupdates?

No, I doubt it, but the upgrade process (to me) seems to be pretty robust and getting better. You can certainly test it if you can clone a 10.4.4 environment (failing that I'll happily give it a test and tell you what happens, I think I can sell it as relevant to my bosses). I have only done clean installs, since primarily thats all I plan for us to offer customers.

Paul.

Im kind of new to this whole setup, but basically I have Plesk 10.4.4 running in a VZ container. How is the easiest way to go about intalling it on CentOS?

Today I updated plesk. Now I see version 11.0.7. Where is change log -- whats new? Only security updates or any new features.

And guys. As I see still in domain list still by default showing all sub domains and aliases. PLEASE!!! do by default hidden subdomains and domain aliases or do ability to configure default views.

I still missing ability to change default view in page - plesk by default show 25 items in page. But if I want more by default ??? I miss something??? Because I need 100 items in page.

Because can't find change log I can't write more comments.

On my AWS Server it seems to install but, on my MediaTemple Server (running plesk 10.4.4) I have cloned it and did the same setup as my AWS one but when I type:

./centos5 --web-interface

I get:

-bash: ./centos5: Permission denied

I did chmod +x centos5 (i'm in root) but I keep getting Permission denied.

On my AWS server I keep getting this error with billing manager:

--- GENERAL ----------------------------

Description: 'Server error (code 500): Exception with message 'Can not parse server's certificate.' caught at top level. (HTTP code: 500)' at /opt/plesk-billing/lib/lib-tk/include/sso/SSORegister.php:39
Created: 2012-05-19 01:13:30
Action:

Sorry AndC can't help you with that as I won't touch CBM.

However I can tell you that I upgraded a Plesk 9.5 that was in a pretty sorry state (It wouldn't upgrade to Plesk 10, but had partial packages on there, I'd mess around with internal files within Plesk and there was heavy customisation to all the configurations of everything, oh and nginx was on there) and although it took a while (3 upgrade attempts and the bootstrapper) it actually worked.

Its not often Parallels impresses me, but I was impressed by that (in fact I think the secret is to break your install as much as possible, give it a challenge!).

It looks like the latest beta release (11.0.8) is the release candidate as there is no expected further beta release. The release notes again haven't been updated but it looks like they should've been :

@ vz137]─[~]─[1008]
└─[$]› /usr/sbin/nginx -v
nginx version: nginx/1.3.0

Release notes still say 1.2 ... maybe that means there are further goodies in there yet to be revealed.

Paul.

Thanks,
Yeah I've dropped CBM and moved over to WHMCS. I found out some minor bugs causing the install errors on MediaTemple. I've since rolled back to 10.4.4 untill WHMCS supports plesk 11.

Hi EdidijusS,

Thanks for your comments

Today I updated plesk. Now I see version 11.0.7. Where is change log -- whats new? Only security updates or any new features.
Changelog is available at the release notes:

Parallels Plesk Panel 11.0.7

[*] Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® 6.2 and CentOS 6.2 are supported.
[-] Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® 5.8 and CentOS 6.8 is supported.
[*] The nginx version is 1.2.
[-] Panel sent customers notifications about reaching disk space and traffic limits even if they increased the limits by purchasing add-ons.
[-] The pre-upgrade checker script failed with the error: "Components validation detected at least one important issue: Parallels Panel pre-upgrade check... sh: /root/parallels/PSA_10.4.4/examiners/panel_preupgrade_checker.php: not found".
[-] APS application URL prefixes were changed from http:// to https:// after migration or upgrade.
[-] Customer could view and install .NET APS applications on Linux operating systems.
[-] Panel users failed to open Panel in Safari 5.1.5 because the browser requested client certificates.

And guys. As I see still in domain list still by default showing all sub domains and aliases. PLEASE!!! do by default hidden subdomains and domain aliases or do ability to configure default views.

Sorry but many enough people were asking to have them shown. Click "hide" if you don't like to see them, this choice will be preserved through cookies.

I still missing ability to change default view in page - plesk by default show 25 items in page. But if I want more by default ??? I miss something??? Because I need 100 items in page.
Click "100" or "All" in top right or bottom right corner of the list. The choice will be preserved through cookies.

It was old edition of release notes at the moment of new 11.0.8 publishing. It is updated by this moment -
http://download1.parallels.com/Plesk/PP11/parallels-plesk-panel-11-linux-updates-release-notes.html#1108

Also Ubuntu 12.04 will soon be available for download.

It is the last preview we ship before Plesk 11 is publicly available.

Regards

From parallels announcement:

Parallels Plesk Panel 11 is coming. We're targeting RTM on June 5th and a general availability launch date of June 18th. Parallels Plesk Panel 11 is the most hardened version ever with enhanced security and improved password encryption. These improvements are available in the downloadable preview code.

Updated my 11.0.8 Preview to 11.0.9 and now Plesk gives me an Error 500 on visit.

Errorlog shows this, anyone knows how to fix?

2012-06-15 09:59:30: (mod_fastcgi.c.2746) FastCGI-stderr: PleskMainDBException: MySQL query failed: Unknown column 'ip_dual_stack' in 'field list'
file: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/common_func.php3
line: 220
code: 1054
trace: #0 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/class.Session.php(420): db_query('SELECT login, t...')
#1 /usr/local/psa/admin/auto_prepend/auth.php3(194): Session->init('61.161.130.203')
#2 {main}

what does release mean? is it really the final release version? i'm just wondering, because the plesk website still show plesk 10 as the current version. just want to avoid that i'm going to install a version which can be upgraded.

thanks, martin

Looks like database was not correctly upgraded. Try to use bootstrapper repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back