• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 11.5 and PhpBB Email ... PhpBB not able to email on Plesk

NeuroPsyche

Regular Pleskian
I've been running Plesk 11.5 for about a month now. It's a wonderful build, Parallels best yet in my opinion.
I have a user that installed PhpBB and is having difficulty in getting PhpBB to email out to users that join.

I'm wondering if anyone was successful at installing the PhpBB app in Plesk and what settings are required in
both Plesk and PhpBB to allow email functionality.

It seems as if Plesk 'clamps' down on anything within it from emailing. PhpBB has it's own smtp emailer but it seems
as if Plesk may be preventing PhpBB from emailing out by firewall rules. I don't want to compromise the server by
manually setting any firewall rules and would like to find the configuration needed for email.

If anyone has any information can you please post?

Thanks!
Dave.

Have you tried to troubleshoot it? Send email from phpBB and debug mail and other Plesk logs? Have you found any related error messages there?

For example you can check mass mail via phpBB and send us error log of phpBB.
Mass e-mail: you click on Administrative access entry points from your panel->Administration Control Panel(at the bottom)->SYSTEM->Mass e-mail
Error log : you click on Administrative access entry points from your panel->Administration Control Panel(at the bottom)->MAINTENANCE->Error log.

But I think, that we catch issue and reported it.

Last edited:
Back