• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 11.5 Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the new gui and can't await version 11.5

I'm still new with plesk 11, so changes in the gui is for me no problem. both is new for me. ^^

1. Which last versions of php(5.3/5.4) and mysql supports 11.5?

2. Is php 5.3 and 5.4 pre-installed or only one version? So I can set for each domain a favorite version?

3. When I have 2 php versions installed, how I can add in all php versions a missing extension?

1. CentOS 5 / RHEL 5 and CloudLinux 5: MySQL 5.5 and PHP 5.3 (or the ones shipped by OS vendor)
all other OSes - MySQL and PHP shipped by OS vendor or by alternative repository of your choice (i.e. Atomic, Remi, etc)

2. Only one version is installed. You can install another PHP version from a source of your choice and then will need to perform simple routine to enabled another version

3. You would need to add it into each version. Just like you did for a single version

1. Big problem after updating 11.5.24 > 11.5.25:
- courier imapd installed authpsa module and after this update (11.5.25) I can't login to email neither via webmail/roundcube neither using Outlook, it required to use starttls/stls, before this update I was able to login to my email account using Outlook without starttls/stls.
- now I disabled courier imapd/pop3d from starting ssl at all to solve this issue and enabled plain login to email

question: did I a good solution by disabling ssl on courier - is it still quite safe? I avoided to explain my clients to enable starttls/ssl on their Outlook, because I have too many clients (I know that's preview version, but I'm using it for production already).

2. what's the changelog of 11.5.25?

Plesk 11.5.25 is available!

Linux:
[+] Voting for new features. Administrators can now suggest any idea about how to improve Panel or vote for ideas of other Panel users. They can open the vote form by clicking the Suggest an Idea button in the navigation pane of the Server Administration Panel. Administrators also can point this button to any other URL or hide it at all.
[+] OpenSUSE 12.3 Virtuozzo template. The OpenSUSE 12.3 template for installing Panel in Parallels Virtuozzo Containers is now available.
[+] Context menu for operations with files in File Manager. Possible operations on files are now grouped in the context menu instead of multiple buttons. Customers can open the menu by clicking the area near the file name.
[+] Notifications about available web apps updates. APS apps warn customers about available updates right on the app settings page.

[*] Administrators now see the name of the mail server that is currently running in Tools & Settings > Mail Server Settings. In addition, now this page contains a link that allows to quickly switch to another mail server (for example, from QMail to Postfix).

[*] Administrators now see the estimated connection speed between the source and destination servers during data transfer in Migration & Transfer Manager.

[*] More available system utilities in the chroot environments. A number of utilities used for downloading and unpacking archives are now available for customers who work in a chroot environment.

[*] Improved logic of the mchk utility. The mchk utility now preserves custom mail handlers created by administrators.

Windows:
[+] Voting for new features. Administrators can now suggest any idea about how to improve Panel or vote for ideas of other Panel users. They can open the vote form by clicking the Suggest an Idea button in the navigation pane of the Server Administration Panel. Administrators also can point this button to any other URL or hide it at all.
[+] Context menu for operations with files in File Manager. Possible operations on files are now grouped in the context menu instead of multiple buttons. Customers can open the menu by clicking the area near the file name.
[+] Notifications about available web apps updates. APS apps warn customers about available updates right on the app settings page.

[*] Administrators now see the name of the mail server that is currently running in Tools & Settings > Mail Server Settings. In addition, now this page contains a link that allows to quickly switch to another mail server (for example, from QMail to Postfix).

[*] Administrators now see the estimated connection speed between the source and destination servers during data transfer in Migration & Transfer Manager.

[*] Improvement in the Hosting settings management permission.

See details here:
http://download1.parallels.com/Ples...l-11.5-linux-updates-release-notes.html#11525
http://download1.parallels.com/Ples...11.5-windows-updates-release-notes.html#11525

Last edited:
1. Big problem after updating 11.5.24 > 11.5.25:
- courier imapd installed authpsa module and after this update (11.5.25) I can't login to email neither via webmail/roundcube neither using Outlook, it required to use starttls/stls, before this update I was able to login to my email account using Outlook without starttls/stls.
- now I disabled courier imapd/pop3d from starting ssl at all to solve this issue and enabled plain login to email

This most likely means that upgrader thought that you had PCI compliance customizations for Courier-IMAP enabled. If so, and they were partially disabled manually in some point in the past, then it would yield such behavior. PCI compliance for Courier-IMAP restricts SSL ciphers to more secure ones and disables clear-text password authentication methods unless you use secure transport layer (ssl/starttls).

Please check whether any files are listed with the following command:

# ls /etc/courier-imap/*pci*

Please post the list. If it is not empty, then this is exactly what happened.

question: did I a good solution by disabling ssl on courier - is it still quite safe? I avoided to explain my clients to enable starttls/ssl on their Outlook, because I have too many clients (I know that's preview version, but I'm using it for production already).

Not quite. You effectively prevented your clients from using the safest communication method. Some mail clients may even refuse to work w/o ssl/starttls support (e.g., one of the shipped webmails does so, if I'm not mistaken). That said, most clients are capable of automatically choosing the most secure communication method among available. In your case that would be some kind of digest SASL authentication, like CRAM-MD5.

This most likely means that upgrader thought that you had PCI compliance customizations for Courier-IMAP enabled. If so, and they were partially disabled manually in some point in the past, then it would yield such behavior. PCI compliance for Courier-IMAP restricts SSL ciphers to more secure ones and disables clear-text password authentication methods unless you use secure transport layer (ssl/starttls).

Please check whether any files are listed with the following command:

Please post the list. If it is not empty, then this is exactly what happened.

Not quite. You effectively prevented your clients from using the safest communication method. Some mail clients may even refuse to work w/o ssl/starttls support (e.g., one of the shipped webmails does so, if I'm not mistaken). That said, most clients are capable of automatically choosing the most secure communication method among available. In your case that would be some kind of digest SASL authentication, like CRAM-MD5.

Yes, I've made some modifications before, exactly it's:

MAXDAEMONS=80
and
MAXPERIP=40

because of default setting values (40 and 4) my clients had problems while connecting via windows mail clients.

/etc/courier-imap/*pci*: No such file or directory

I've looked into this directory - no files found with "pci" within their names.

Yes, I've made some modifications before, exactly it's:

MAXDAEMONS=80
and
MAXPERIP=40

because of default setting values (40 and 4) my clients had problems while connecting via windows mail clients.

That should be OK to modify.

/etc/courier-imap/*pci*: No such file or directory

I've looked into this directory - no files found with "pci" within their names.

Hmm... Then I'm mistaken. If you could post either imapd or pop3d file from /etc/courier-imap before and after upgrade that would be very helpful to locate the root cause. It is possible that you still have a version of these files from before upgrade depending on your system. It would be named something like imapd.rpmsave. Posting just the current version might help as well. If you're OK with that, you may post these files as attachments or via some pastebin service.

That should be OK to modify.

Hmm... Then I'm mistaken. If you could post either imapd or pop3d file from /etc/courier-imap before and after upgrade that would be very helpful to locate the root cause. It is possible that you still have a version of these files from before upgrade depending on your system. It would be named something like imapd.rpmsave. Posting just the current version might help as well. If you're OK with that, you may post these files as attachments or via some pastebin service.

It's a clean install of Plesk 11.5.24 + migration of websites using Plesk Migration tool.

Directory of /etc/courier-imap/ - http://i3.minus.com/iZyNyDcuhaik2.jpg

As I said, I can't give you imap files before upgrade, because it was not an upgrade from 11.0.9, it is clean install of 11.5.24, now it's 11.5.25. This issue was caused by update 11.5.24 > 11.5.25 (Ubuntu x64 OS).

imapd file: http://pastebin.com/pLCW829y
pop3d file: http://pastebin.com/QufXhPMN

It's a clean install of Plesk 11.5.24 + migration of websites using Plesk Migration tool.

OK, that's kind of weird. Directory contents looks OK. Revision numbers of config files look OK as well, but the content itself is outdated for some parameters.

I suggest following course of actions: copy each of /etc/courier-imap/*.dist "vanilla" configs over your current configs (imapd, imapd-ssl, pop3d, pop3d-ssl) and then customize settings you need (MAXDAEMONS and MAXPERIP). Don't worry about Plesk additions to these configs unless you've already enabled POP3 before SMTP feature. Make sure that TLS_CERTFILE parameter points to existing certificates in imapd-ssl and pop3d-ssl. Then restart all courier-* services.

Note: please check whether your imapd.dist file has "##NAME: IMAP_CAPABILITY:1" or "##NAME: IMAP_CAPABILITY:2" string. In the former case you have a bit outdated psa-courier-imap and psa-courier-authlib packages.

OK, that's kind of weird. Directory contents looks OK. Revision numbers of config files look OK as well, but the content itself is outdated for some parameters.

I suggest following course of actions: copy each of /etc/courier-imap/*.dist "vanilla" configs over your current configs (imapd, imapd-ssl, pop3d, pop3d-ssl) and then customize settings you need (MAXDAEMONS and MAXPERIP). Don't worry about Plesk additions to these configs unless you've already enabled POP3 before SMTP feature. Make sure that TLS_CERTFILE parameter points to existing certificates in imapd-ssl and pop3d-ssl. Then restart all courier-* services.

Note: please check whether your imapd.dist file has "##NAME: IMAP_CAPABILITY:1" or "##NAME: IMAP_CAPABILITY:2" string. In the former case you have a bit outdated psa-courier-imap and psa-courier-authlib packages.

Thanks, I will try to do it a bit later.

Well, about outdated courier files - it was installed with authpsa automaticaly by plesk updater during update to 11.5.25.

Serious concerns about 11.5 still. Latest update to .25 has caused the following issues...

1. Click on Bug Report, and it sits attempting to connect with no further progress. Doesn't even time out.
2. All Web Presence sites are broken (the bug I want to report). Whether migrated or fresh, Web Presence is not in the control panel...icons to edit are missing...and one migrated site was a PPB site, yet will not let me edit. I even re-installed PPB, with no luck. (using license with unlimited PPB sites).

Going to attempt to upgrade a Plesk 11 site...but, would prefer to have a fresh install, new server to migrate to. Hope this issue gets fixed.

Hi Raymond,

The #1 is simple a browser redirect. Perhaps you have pop-up windows blocked in your browser. If that's true you won't be able to open Help pages.

We will check #2 and respond.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back