• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 11.5 Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plesk 11.5.28 preview is available!

Linux:
[+] Support for nginx 1.5. Panel now uses nginx 1.5 for hosting websites.

[*] Improvements in regeneration of web server configuration. When the administrator regenerates web server configuration, Panel excludes virtual hosts that can cause problems on the web server start.

[*] Improvements in the Control Panel. The Users tab is now made one of the last tabs in the user interface as it was not often used by customers.

[*] Security improvements.

Windows:
[+] Support for Simple DNS Plus. Panel now supports the Simple DNS Plus DNS server.
[+] Support for PHP 5.3.25 and 5.4.15. Panel is now shipped with PHP 5.3.25 and 5.4.15.

[*] Panel now uses Zend Optimizer+ (Zend OpCache) as the internal PHP optimizer. In earlier versions, Wincache was used.

[*] Improvements in the Control Panel. The Users tab is now made one of the last tabs in the user interface as it was not often used by customers.

More details:
http://download1.parallels.com/Ples...k-panel-11.5-linux-updates-release-notes.html
http://download1.parallels.com/Ples...panel-11.5-windows-updates-release-notes.html

11.5 is released this thursday, correct?
source: http://kb.parallels.com/116241

Believe me, I hope for it even more than you :)
As of today we don't see a reason to delay

Notice however that Plesk 8.6, 9.5, 10.x and 11.0 are not vulnerable to the security problem you are referring to. So till you are on one of those, you don't really need to rush into upgrade

Believe me, I hope for it even more than you :)
As of today we don't see a reason to delay

Notice however that Plesk 8.6, 9.5, 10.x and 11.0 are not vulnerable to the security problem you are referring to. So till you are on one of those, you don't really need to rush into upgrade

Rush into an upgrade? We've been waiting 6 months, hardly classify that as a rush.

No I'm not rushing. I'm planning to install a new server based on the new version.
It's running 11.0.9 now but since 11.5 has such amazing new features I decided to wait for this release.

Reading the release notes, I have to say Good Job Parallels!
There are some nice new features in this new version that really make a difference.

Examples:
- A database user can access multiple databases
- Per-website configuration of the Apache web server (in Plesk I hope? without using vhost.conf)
- Per-website configuration of the nginx web server
- Search engine-friendly domain aliases
- Serving static files directly by nginx
- Multiple PHP versions (I have to see if this works. building php yourself can be a pain. rpm is much easier)
- Support for FTP Secure (about time perhaps ;))
- Optional DNS server installation (awesome, who uses this anyway)
- Automatic updating of installed apps
- Search engine-friendly site suspension
- Support for Horde IMP5

Reading the release notes, I have to say Good Job Parallels!
We would feel it more deserved if you already tried the preview. :)

- Per-website configuration of the Apache web server (in Plesk I hope? without using vhost.conf)
Yes, in Plesk UI. But all previous tunings in vhost.conf are preserved.

- Multiple PHP versions (I have to see if this works. building php yourself can be a pain. rpm is much easier)
We don't ship alternative RPMs ourselves, but they are available in some alternative repositories.

Just one question. Does plesk 11.5 support more than 256 domains for Nginx or do we have to apply a patch?

Thanks

Yes, Plesk should support it. Why do you have this question?

Just because Plesk 11.0.9 doesn´t support it and I have to create a new server next week to migrate 300 domains at the same time and want to know if I have to apply the patch or not.

Thanks for the answer

Just because Plesk 11.0.9 doesn´t support it and I have to create a new server next week to migrate 300 domains at the same time and want to know if I have to apply the patch or not.

Thanks for the answer

SalvadorS, please elaborate what problem with Plesk 11.0.9 do you have and how you solved it (symptoms and/or reasons, what patch are you using).

How to raise ulimit for nginx in Plesk 11.5 w/ nginx >= 1.5.0

Oh, I see.

Here's what you should do before upgrade or migration:

1) make sure you retain any changes to /etc/security/limits.conf per KB;

or

2) edit nginx service configuration to set desired open files limit:

a) if you have Debian-based system, edit /etc/default/nginx,
b) if you have RedHat-based system, edit /etc/sysconfig/nginx,
c) if you have SuSE system, edit /etc/sysconfig/nginx.systemd,

then

a) for anything but SuSE add following line:
NGINX_ULIMIT="-n 4096"
b) for SuSE add following lines:
[Service]
LimitNOFILE=4096

Here 4096 is your desired limit (about maximum number of domains multiplied by 2, if I'm not mistaken). You should create the file if it doesn't exist.​

After upgrade make sure your changes are preserved. If you did any changes to nginx service configuration per KB previously, you may now undo them (e.g., remove lines setting ULIMIT=).

Note that the aforementioned KB article is for Plesk 11.0 and old nginx versions only. It should not even be applied in its entirety if you have newer nginx versions (e.g., 1.5.0).

Last edited:
I upgraded from 11.09. to 11.5 all seemed well until I click on the user panel for my website and I get this...

Internal error: Unable to find row by field registryResourceId with value de1c9912-f10c-4804-9c56-02326e64fd97 in smb_apsInstances table.

Unable to find row by field registryResourceId with value de1c9912-f10c-4804-9c56-02326e64fd97 in smb_apsInstances table.

File
Abstract.php

Line

Type
Db_Table_Exception

And now it seem like I cant get into the admin are because it suck on the this error page.... Please Help.

Is 11.5 ready for production yet? The autoinstaller doesn't flag it as stable, but does list it:

The following product versions are available:

1. [*] Parallels Plesk Panel
2. (*) Parallels Plesk Panel 11.5.29
3. ( ) Parallels Plesk Panel 11.0.9 (stable)

Hi Kirill. I've use Plesk 11.0.9 now. Can i update to 11.5 now? If i update this then does it make any problem? Sorry it's my first update, i really don't know. I've about 25 customer in my server.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back