• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 11 Error 102 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED): The server refused the connection.

Sanders

New Pleskian
Good day.

After updating any firewall on any Plesk 11 server we have running at the moment we can't use the activate option as when we do so we get a connection refused error. This issue is for Plesk 11 on CentOS 5 and 6 via Virtuosso containers and Dedicated Servers.
We've tested and replicated the issue on Chrome and IE in Windows 7 and 8 as well as on Linux in Chrome, Firefox and Opera. There are no error logs written by Plesk when this issue occurs and I can't find any other posts that suggest what the issue could be? Is anyone familiar with the firewall module enough to give us assistance on what this issue could be?

Hi Igor.

Thanks for the post. This issue isn't the same I'm afraid. The connection to the Plesk panel is fine right up until we try to activate the firewall rules we've added on the server, The rules can be anything and there are no entries in the Plesk error log. To try and assist these are the steps we take. Open Modules -> Firewall -> Edit Firewall Configuration -> Add or edit any rule -> Click Apply Configuration ->Click Activate. In Plesk 9 the page then refreshes back to the firewall page with a Success message along the top however Plesk 11 now shows a Connection Refused and the firewall changes are not applied. We then get the message "Another Administrator is logged in and is making changes blah!!!!"

This is a major issue for us as we can't apply any new firewall changes to the Plesk firewall and have to resort to using IP Tables.

Hi Igor.

Thanks for the post. This issue isn't the same I'm afraid. The connection to the Plesk panel is fine right up until we try to activate the firewall rules we've added on the server, The rules can be anything and there are no entries in the Plesk error log. To try and assist these are the steps we take. Open Modules -> Firewall -> Edit Firewall Configuration -> Add or edit any rule -> Click Apply Configuration ->Click Activate. In Plesk 9 the page then refreshes back to the firewall page with a Success message along the top however Plesk 11 now shows a Connection Refused and the firewall changes are not applied. We then get the message "Another Administrator is logged in and is making changes blah!!!!"

This is a major issue for us as we can't apply any new firewall changes to the Plesk firewall and have to resort to using IP Tables.

This problem is fixed in Panel 11.5

Hi Igor, thanks for your reply. Is there any chance this would be fixed in a MU? We get this in 11.0.9 which as far as I'm aware is still a fully available supported version of Plesk.

This needs to be fixed in prior versions of Plesk as upgrading is not an option for everyone at this point and this is currently a CRITICAL issue for a lot of our customers.

Can you please advise when you expect to have a patch released for Plesk versions earlier than 11.5 - for example 11.0.9.

Your mileage may vary

I dreamt. And in the dream it occurred to me that the issue is client OS/browser specific. To overcome it you should try various browsers until you fall into obscurity and madness through testing old versions of your favorite Chromes and Firefoxes and now deceased things, such as Safari for Windows.

Back