• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 11 Upgrade Scheduled Backup not working

A bit more info on this mystery

OK I have some more information on this:

The support team got back to me very quickly, basically denying that this is a problem. According to the KB article Igor mentioned earlier it has been fixed in MU 20. However as we know on some systems the issue still exists. So I did some digging and examined several of my systems.

Turns out that two servers running CentOS 5.8 and Plesk 11.0.9 MU 22 are having the issue as described, creating backups only on the local server and not copying them across to the FTP repo. These systems have been upgraded from Plesk 10.4.4 several months ago.

However two other systems that are running CentOS 6.3 and Plesk 11.0.9 MU 22 are not having this problem - they work as expected, i.e. scheduled backup is created and copied over to the FTP repo. These are servers that have been installed with Plesk 11 right away and have NOT been upgraded from a previous version.

Obviously there are two variables here: CentOS 5.8 vs CentOS 6.3 (unlikely to be problematic methinks), and Plesk upgrade vs. Fresh Plesk Install (perhaps more likely the culprit).

I'm very happy to volunteer my login details to the support team, however both servers that have the issue are live systems - the ones without the issue are test servers, but they're not much use to investigate. I'll see if I can migrate one entire setup away from the problematic machine, once that's done I'll get back in touch with the support team (and you guys on the forum).

Igor, if there is anything at my end I can check in regards to this issue, please let me know. Let's fix this thing!

Quick update:

I've not been able to give my details to Parallels yet - I've just moved countries and my life is a tad unsettled at the moment. As soon as I've got my internet working again I'll let you know if and how they can fix it.

It would be interesting to hear what configurations you guys have that are causing this problem. I'm having this mainly on CentOS 5.8 systems that have been upgraded from Plesk 10 to Plesk 11. By collecting some data we can maybe pinpoint a common denominator.

Sadly not, which was my mistake for not following up with them on this. I'm ordering internet at my new home today though, once I've settled I'll follow up on this problem.

Plesk Backup

I have got a similar issue on all our Debian 6.0.6 Servers with Plesk 11.0.9 Update #28. There is (so far) no issue on our ubuntu servers (10.04 und 12.04) all with the same Plesk version.

ERROR: PleskPMMResponseException
Unknown data type .
0: PMMResponse.php:144
PMMResponse->getData()
1: BackupManagerForm.php:79
BackupManagerForm->checkRestoreTasks()
2: BackupManagerForm.php:153
BackupManagerForm->assign(object of type plesk__server__backup__local_repository, object of type BackupManagerScreenTabs, object of type BackupLocalRepositoryList)
3: backup.abstract-repository.php:72
__backup__abstract_repository->accessItemsList(string 'GET', NULL null)
4: backup.abstract-repository.php:25
__backup__abstract_repository->accessItem(string 'GET', NULL null)
5: UIPointer.php:595
UIPointer->access(string 'GET')
6: plesk.php:45

Believe me I am so sick and tired with Parallels Plesk. It is going like that for years and the software gets worse and worse. If I just could switch all my server to something reliable other I would switch immediately. Anybody any suggestions how to fix that or better anybody knows of an alternative to this banana software.

Many thanks

Michael Hoffmann

I have got a similar issue on all our Debian 6.0.6 Servers with Plesk 11.0.9 Update #28. There is (so far) no issue on our ubuntu servers (10.04 und 12.04) all with the same Plesk version.

ERROR: PleskPMMResponseException
Unknown data type .
0: PMMResponse.php:144
PMMResponse->getData()
1: BackupManagerForm.php:79
BackupManagerForm->checkRestoreTasks()
2: BackupManagerForm.php:153
BackupManagerForm->assign(object of type plesk__server__backup__local_repository, object of type BackupManagerScreenTabs, object of type BackupLocalRepositoryList)
3: backup.abstract-repository.php:72
__backup__abstract_repository->accessItemsList(string 'GET', NULL null)
4: backup.abstract-repository.php:25
__backup__abstract_repository->accessItem(string 'GET', NULL null)
5: UIPointer.php:595
UIPointer->access(string 'GET')
6: plesk.php:45

Believe me I am so sick and tired with Parallels Plesk. It is going like that for years and the software gets worse and worse. If I just could switch all my server to something reliable other I would switch immediately. Anybody any suggestions how to fix that or better anybody knows of an alternative to this banana software.

Many thanks

Michael Hoffmann

Looks like there are some outdated tasks files in /usr/local/psa/PMM/tasks/ and there no backups connected with this tasks. Try to remove these files from /usr/local/psa/PMM/tasks/

Problem solved

Thank you very much. That did indeed solve the problem on all servers that have been recently migrated with the Plesk migration manager.

Again many thanks.

Michael Hoffmann

Backup Problem

I think I solved my problem..
I found this in logs:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<execution-result status="error" log-location="/usr/local/psa/PMM/sessions/2013-03-10-165304.778/migration.result">
<message id="4c89c511-270f-444d-8ac4-a8b5712d2a8f" severity="error" code="fatal">
<description>Runtime error</description>
</message>
<message id="4258ea42-8c85-4b44-8b1b-158b7dc27760" severity="error" code="msgtext">
<description>Failed to pack files server__info_1303101653.xml in /usr/local/psa/PMM/tmp/backupEtMaXI [ 8192 bytes free of 4999806976 bytes total on mount point 0]</description>
</message>
<message id="80d3fa98-91cb-4ca6-861a-6268cb199936" severity="error" code="UtilityError">
<description>Unable to get Global settings for APS Applications (ErrorCode: 3, STDOUT:).</description>
</message>
</execution-result>

So Plesk tried to use /usr/local/psa/PMM/tmp/ as temporary backup folder.. I googled a bit and found this:
http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=260857

I relinked /usr to /var and I think it's gonna solve the problem.. will try to backup this night. I think it's gonna work now.

Hi,

I have this issue on a brand new Plesk 11.0.9 / CentOS 6.4 server from OVH. The backups work (backup files appear in server repo) but do not upload to FTP repo. FTP connection is fine from command line, and also if I perform a manual backup!

I've worked through everything in this thread, and everything seems okay apart from this -

[root@sabrewulf cron.d]# rpm -q --scripts psa-backup-manager | sed 1d | sh
sh: line 2315: syntax error near unexpected token `('
sh: line 2315: `preuninstall scriptlet (using /bin/sh):'

Any ideas on a fix for this?

Thanks!

Any thoughts anybody?

Going back through this thread...

I tried the "install_cron_backup.zip" file, but my problem is not that the cron job doesn't run, but that the files are not uploaded to the FTP server.
The cron job /etc/cron.d/plesk-backup-manager exists and looks fine.
I don't have the "MySQL query failed: Unknown column 'backup_time' in 'field list'" error.
I've examined the psa/BackupsScheduled mysql Db and all settings look fine.
I tried re-running the bootstrapper (/usr/local/psa/bootstrapper/pp11.0.9-bootstrapper/bootstrapper.sh repair), but that didn't help.
see below for contents of latest log files (migration.log and pmmcli.log). It does mention errors but I can't see anything obvious in there, maybe somebody here can?
I've already tried installed the "fix" script, but I ran through everything in at http://wpguru.co.uk/2012/09/how-to-b...s-in-plesk-11/ anyway, no effect.
I have the correct permissions on /etc/cron.d/plesk-backup-manager.
All my plesk servers are fully patched so I definitely have microupdate #20!
I only have two sites on this server, and they are both tiny, so backup file size is not an issue.
If the support team want to deny this is a problem, they can have access to the server so they can see it mostly definitely is a problem!!
There are old files in /usr/local/psa/PMM/tasks/, should I remove these?!

# ls /usr/local/psa/PMM/tasks/* -la
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1383 Aug 5 12:36 /usr/local/psa/PMM/tasks/10117
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1383 Aug 6 16:13 /usr/local/psa/PMM/tasks/1113
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1383 Aug 3 00:36 /usr/local/psa/PMM/tasks/11405
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1383 Aug 2 13:21 /usr/local/psa/PMM/tasks/1218
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1383 Aug 7 02:36 /usr/local/psa/PMM/tasks/12495
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1383 Aug 5 23:36 /usr/local/psa/PMM/tasks/14155
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1383 Aug 2 00:36 /usr/local/psa/PMM/tasks/14229
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1383 Aug 4 00:36 /usr/local/psa/PMM/tasks/14644
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1383 Aug 4 13:21 /usr/local/psa/PMM/tasks/23161
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1383 Aug 1 00:36 /usr/local/psa/PMM/tasks/24910
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1570 Jul 31 16:55 /usr/local/psa/PMM/tasks/25081
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1439 Aug 2 03:42 /usr/local/psa/PMM/tasks/25156
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1383 Aug 5 12:36 /usr/local/psa/PMM/tasks/30821
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1383 Jul 31 16:55 /usr/local/psa/PMM/tasks/31184
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1383 Jul 31 16:55 /usr/local/psa/PMM/tasks/31186
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1439 Jul 12 04:01 /usr/local/psa/PMM/tasks/31292
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1439 Jul 19 04:03 /usr/local/psa/PMM/tasks/32233
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1383 Aug 7 16:21 /usr/local/psa/PMM/tasks/3281
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1383 Aug 8 16:21 /usr/local/psa/PMM/tasks/3547
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1383 Aug 3 13:21 /usr/local/psa/PMM/tasks/5210
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1383 Aug 1 13:21 /usr/local/psa/PMM/tasks/6614
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1383 Aug 4 23:36 /usr/local/psa/PMM/tasks/7096
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1383 Aug 6 12:21 /usr/local/psa/PMM/tasks/8824
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1419 Aug 6 15:36 /usr/local/psa/PMM/tasks/9261
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1439 Jul 26 04:04 /usr/local/psa/PMM/tasks/9266
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1383 Aug 8 02:36 /usr/local/psa/PMM/tasks/9998

On this server /usr is not it's own partition, it's part of /, which has 17GB available, so I can't see that being a problem backing up two tiny sites!

And that's everything in this thread, and the backups still do not upload. Unless I run a manual backup, in which case it works fine, but that's not really ideal!! :)

As I said before, this is not an upgraded server, this is a brand spanking new server. Ironically I have another 8 plesk servers that ARE all upgrades and I don't have this issue on any of them!

Any help much appreciated!

migration.log -

my post is too long to submit with the logs attached :(
available if required! :)

Fixed, the problem were mine.

I had two different configurations, one for server and other for domain, then, the backups are executing two times.

I have this problem (backups running multiple times). Can you provide more details of your solution?

Back