• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk Onyx Preview and FeedBack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you please provide more detail of this problem? How it may be reproduced?

Sorry Igor I've done a clean os installation, so I can't reproduce it in more details. Between I have some post where there are image with long file name and accent letters in it, example

http://www.rally.it/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/004-Rally-Città-di-Roma-Capitale-2016-day3-transcend-rally_it-696x464.jpg

In plesk 12.5 ( where domain is now ) Apache convert the name in 004-Rally-Citta%CC%80-di-Roma-Capitale-2016-day3-transcend-rally_it-696x464.jpg but the real name is 004-Rally-Città-di-Roma-Capitale-2016-day3-transcend-rally_it-696x464.jpg, as you can see it is a long file name with à in it. I have tried to change charset in Onyx and have the same modules of 12.5 but doesn't work, I was still get page not found. Maybe is not related to Onyx and my knowledge of Apache are not so extensive.

I wonder which was your method of Onyx removal?
You can't install 12.5 version back because there have remained a lot of Onyx packages. You can install Plesk 12.5 only on clean OS installation.

I used a script found in knowledge base. The script is for 12.5, but I was hoping that it works with Onyx too.

You can install Plesk 12.5 only on clean OS installation.

I realized that :)

Hi Kingsley,

Here my domains does offline just like that with 502 error, upstream error, and all sorts things like that
according to your own thread and the "solution" you provided in the other one, you have to admit, that Plesk really can't be held responsible for misconfigurations, done by a user. Your issues seemed to be based on the fact, that you forgot to add localhost ( 127.0.0.1 ) and your server - IP(s) to the Fail2Ban - whitelist ( "Trusted IP addresses" ), before switching on Fail2Ban. It is a very good idea to read some manuals and documentations, before you start to use a software ( or in this case a Plesk - addon ), to avoid misconfigurations, or to avoid issues related to missing configurations. ;)

Hello,
I'm blocked on some bug that occured in Plesk:

I have the error "Failed domain creation: Unable to update domain data: IP address with ID '0' does not exist".
Also, when I open my FTP user, it's returning to home panel with error: "Error: Unable to find service node for ip address with id=0"

So I'm following the post: https://kb.plesk.com/en/120928

But looks like it's not possible to get the mysql password anymore, I only get a login link.
"Due to security reasons the option '-show-password' is no longer supported. Use '--get-login-link' to generate a one-time login link."

How can I get the mysql password now? (and if you have any idea with the initial issue...)
Thanks,

Ok, I fixed it. However, I think that happened when I created a FTP user, without choosing an IP (dropdown on empty).
Probably created some stuff in the IPs table.

(I had to remove the IP with Id=0 in ip_pool)

Hey, dunno if it's a bug or not.
When I switched from PHP7 to PHP5 I got the error:

Error: phpinimng failed: invoke-rc.d: initscript plesk-php56-fpm, action "status" failed. invoke-rc.d: initscript plesk-php56-fpm, action "status" failed. Service plesk-php56-fpm is down after attempt to start it

Yes, I'm reading it right now: https://kb.plesk.com/en/127183
However the logs are empty. Still investigating.

EDIT: /opt/plesk/php/5.6/etc/php-fpm.d/ is empty.

user@staging:~$ sudo service plesk-php56-fpm status
● plesk-php56-fpm.service - The PHP 5.6.26 FastCGI Process Manager
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/plesk-php56-fpm.service; disabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: inactive (dead)

Sep 30 18:08:57 staging.com php-fpm[918]: [30-Sep-2016 18:08:57] ERROR: failed to post process the configuration
Sep 30 18:08:57 staging.com php-fpm[918]: [30-Sep-2016 18:08:57] ERROR: FPM initialization failed
Sep 30 18:08:57 staging.com systemd[1]: plesk-php56-fpm.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=78/n/a
Sep 30 18:08:57 staging.com systemd[1]: Failed to start The PHP 5.6.26 FastCGI Process Manager.
Sep 30 18:08:57 staging.com systemd[1]: plesk-php56-fpm.service: Unit entered failed state.
Sep 30 18:08:57 staging.com systemd[1]: plesk-php56-fpm.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Sep 30 18:39:48 staging.com systemd[1]: Starting The PHP 5.6.26 FastCGI Process Manager...
Sep 30 18:39:48 staging.com systemd[1]: Started The PHP 5.6.26 FastCGI Process Manager.
Sep 30 18:40:42 staging.com systemd[1]: Stopping The PHP 5.6.26 FastCGI Process Manager...
Sep 30 18:40:42 staging.com systemd[1]: Stopped The PHP 5.6.26 FastCGI Process Manager.

More logs:

Oct 03 12:09:12 staging.com systemd[1]: Starting The PHP 5.6.26 FastCGI Process Manager...
-- Subject: Unit plesk-php56-fpm.service has begun start-up
-- Defined-By: systemd
-- Support: http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/systemd-devel
--
-- Unit plesk-php56-fpm.service has begun starting up.
Oct 03 12:09:12 staging.com php-fpm[2356]: [03-Oct-2016 12:09:12] WARNING: Nothing matches the include pattern '/opt/plesk/php/5.6/etc/php-fpm.d/*.conf' from /opt/plesk/php/5.6/etc/php-fpm.conf at line 1
Oct 03 12:09:12 staging.com php-fpm[2356]: [03-Oct-2016 12:09:12] ERROR: No pool defined. at least one pool section must be specified in config file
Oct 03 12:09:12 staging.com php-fpm[2356]: [03-Oct-2016 12:09:12] ERROR: failed to post process the configuration
Oct 03 12:09:12 staging.com php-fpm[2356]: [03-Oct-2016 12:09:12] ERROR: FPM initialization failed
Oct 03 12:09:12 staging.com systemd[1]: plesk-php56-fpm.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=78/n/a
Oct 03 12:09:12 staging.com systemd[1]: Failed to start The PHP 5.6.26 FastCGI Process Manager.

Looks like PHP5 refuses to load because there's no application using it, and I cannot set an application on it because it's not started. We're running in circles.

Ok, so it looks like it's working when selecting FastCGI instead of FPM for PHP5. Thoughts?

Hi Tigzy,

pls. read carefully the explanation and suggestions at the following forum - post: => #6

Thanks, I'll take a look.

I have another **BUG REPORT**
In Docker section, it's not possible to NOT expose ports:
- I have choice between Manual mapping and automatic mapping.

I would be good to not have ports exposed outside to the world, like for mongodb.
Either with another checkbox "Don't expose ports", or with manual mapping empty target (currently there's an error when doing so).

**BUG REPORT**

I'm sorry to flood with messages, but I think I found another issue regarding Docker / Nginx (The previous was here: https://talk.plesk.com/threads/plesk-onyx-preview-and-feedback.337172/page-5#post-806422)
- When there's NO application already running with Nginx on port 80, you can create a Docker image mapping like this 3000=>80, then assign it to an new app (ex: docker.domain.tld) with a proxy rule. That works.
- However, when there's ALREADY an app running on port 80 with Nginx (let's say sub.domain.tld), when you try to map a docker image on port 80 like above (3000=>80) there's an error message saying the address is already in use (0.0.0.0:80). The image doesn't start.

As a result, it's impossible to THEN create a proxy rule on a new app, and you're stuck with that port 3000 and impossibility to assign SSL certificate.
Is this real bug or miusage ?

Last edited:
Hi!
I don't know if this is a Onyx bug or not, but Webmail is not working:
- Ports are open
- Webmail configuration is active (Subscription)
- A mail is created
- Mail option is active (Configuration)
- All mail and Webmail things are installed

I had no problem with pelsk 12.5 version on the same server.
If this is not a onyx issue, sorry for the message and I will post it in other forum.

But Plesk Onyx Rocks! \o/

Is this real bug or miusage ?
It is not bug. It is not necessary to map docker to port 80. It doesn't matter which port will use your docker image - nginx will correctly proxy your request anyway.

It is not bug. It is not necessary to map docker to port 80. It doesn't matter which port will use your docker image - nginx will correctly proxy your request anyway.

Well if you look at the link I pointed the Nginx proxy mode needs to be turned off for it to work.
When I do that, my app is on port 3000. Is this expected to be working soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back