• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 12.0 Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

• installing WordPress from app catalogue renders the installed directories world writeable. Even though the parent dir has no exec permission for other users, I think 755 or even 750 would be preferable.

This problem was reported to corresponding team. Thank you for your feedback)

Hi Sergey,

Do you have an ETA on the WHMCS Plesk Plugins, the current WHMCS plugin is not good with Plesk 11.5...

Thanks for your time.

Hi Sergey,

I think that we all understand that software release dates are not simple and it's sometime hard to give an exact date, but is there any general timeline that you can provide us? It would help those of us who are doing planning to know if we need to just hold out a few more days or weeks, or if we should just move forward with our current work-arounds. Any answer is okay (at least with me) as I would rather know than being surprised one morning (especially if I just spent the last week provisioning a new set of VMs with panels).

Also, I just want to say in public that the increased communication and overall improvement in the entire Plesk product over the last two years has been awesome. The Plesk team has really revived and set a new level of customer satisfaction and confidence and I'm very happy that I've chosen to standardized on Plesk Panel. I'm looking forward to Plesk 12 (and if you can hint on it's RC date, that would be cool too). :)

Thank you.

You can see when oldest versions was released. I think we can expect new, version 12 of PP at end may, or beginning of June.

Also, I just want to say in public that the increased communication and overall improvement in the entire Plesk product over the last two years has been awesome. The Plesk team has really revived and set a new level of customer satisfaction and confidence and I'm very happy that I've chosen to standardized on Plesk Panel. I'm looking forward to Plesk 12 (and if you can hint on it's RC date, that would be cool too). :)

+1 on that.
The much needed change to encrypted passwords in the database, the interface improvements and in my opinion a near brilliant implementation of the nginx webserver as reverse proxy ( use of mod_aclr2 ) leave the competition behind in terms of features and configurability.
And not requiring to switch off SElinux makes me happy :)

Hello,

I am currently working with Plesk 12.0.10 and can see it is way more stable and mature than when we started using plesk back at version 9. So thank you for that!

I have some issues I'd like to point out. We will be using Plesk 12 as a dedicated panel for a customer with 2500~ domains, the panel is to be used purely for DNS zone management, no hosting is required.

The issues I've found are as follows:

1) Default customer view is "active view", which is not compatible with so many domains - is it possible to change the default view to classic? When classic is eventually selected (it takes a while), the panel works well for the task outlined above. Or possibly even disable active view completely?
2) Admin view of the subscription housing the domains displays all domains in 1 go, with no option to limit (and thus takes a while to load) - can the view here also be limited in the same way the domains are limited on the domain page?
3) Hosting is required to be switched on for the main subscription (which I'll call a placeholder) in order to add further domains to the subscription. Is this restriction absolutely necessary?
4) Restricting everything in the Service Plan (aside from DNS zone management and Server repo backup) results in a stray permission visible on the account page in the customers view - "Setup of potentially insecure web scripting options that override provider's policy" - is it possible to remove this?
5) It doesn't appear to be possible to remove the "Files" tab from the customers view, can this be removed? Obviously it is not needed due to no hosting.. (maybe it's related to #3 above?)
6) Same as #5, but for the statistics tab - no hosting so no stats really needed - only thing that is being done is DNS zone management

Do Parallels offer a panel simply for the purpose I have outlined? Or can you offer any tips on disabling services/cron scripts that aren't necessary when not using hosting features?

Again, thanks for a great product. Any advice greatfully received.

Regards

Hi... Quick question. Ive installed the version 12.0.10 on my server but im missing a few options.

The fail2ban configuration does not appear on tools and settings. And the suposed wordpress toolkit i cant find it also.

Any ideas on this? And yes ive installed fail2ban and activated the service.

Best Regards

Hi... Quick question. Ive installed the version 12.0.10 on my server but im missing a few options.

The fail2ban configuration does not appear on tools and settings. And the suposed wordpress toolkit i cant find it also.

Best Regards

+1 on this.

I just submitted a bug report running Ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS.
Upgrading to 12.0.10 from 12.0.9 breaks Fail2Ban. As does a clean install of Plesk 12.0.10.

1) Default customer view is "active view", which is not compatible with so many domains - is it possible to change the default view to classic? When classic is eventually selected (it takes a while), the panel works well for the task outlined above. Or possibly even disable active view completely?
2) Admin view of the subscription housing the domains displays all domains in 1 go, with no option to limit (and thus takes a while to load) - can the view here also be limited in the same way the domains are limited on the domain page?
3) Hosting is required to be switched on for the main subscription (which I'll call a placeholder) in order to add further domains to the subscription. Is this restriction absolutely necessary?
4) Restricting everything in the Service Plan (aside from DNS zone management and Server repo backup) results in a stray permission visible on the account page in the customers view - "Setup of potentially insecure web scripting options that override provider's policy" - is it possible to remove this?
5) It doesn't appear to be possible to remove the "Files" tab from the customers view, can this be removed? Obviously it is not needed due to no hosting.. (maybe it's related to #3 above?)
6) Same as #5, but for the statistics tab - no hosting so no stats really needed - only thing that is being done is DNS zone management

Do Parallels offer a panel simply for the purpose I have outlined? Or can you offer any tips on disabling services/cron scripts that aren't necessary when not using hosting features?

Great bug hunting! Thank you. I expect the devs will fix all of these, with the possible exception of item 4.

I think item 4 can be resolved by configuring the hosting/permission parameters to not allow potentially insecure hosting settings. I know you aren't going to be hosting, but nevertheless that's probably all that's required to make that warning go away. Check out the Service Plan settings.

But it does seem to me that using Plesk is a massively expensive way to manage DNS only. Plesk is wonderful, and plesk 12 looks like it is going to be an amazing product, but you are paying for all those facilities which you don't need. Maybe you'd be better off using something like 4PSA's DNS Manager (www.4psa.com) which is a control panel dedicated to managing DNS only and offers the same sort of easy to use interface. (I don't work for 4psa - I just use their products)

Ive installed the version 12.0.10 on my server but im missing a few options.

Upgrading to 12.0.10 from 12.0.9 breaks Fail2Ban. As does a clean install of Plesk 12.0.10.

Problem is caused by old license key. We will update page with information about preview.
Now you may get license key here - http://autoinstall.pp.parallels.com/plesk12_demo.key

Last edited:
Thx Mickael, but is this licence free of restriction? Because Need CF Support/ more than 100 Domain Support, so i will use my Full Plesk licence, which contains unlimited Domains, CF Support and Plesk Power Pack

Did you know something about Horde and Active Sync? It would be great to integrate a checkbox (or something like that) to activate it via the GUI.
And to set some general parameters to configure Horde via GUI would also be nice.
Thanks
Sabine

ubuntu 12.04 x64 using preview-installer (12.0.11):

Gathering information about installed license key...
Checking whether the package dependencies are resolved.
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
---X--- `apt-get` output ---------------------
Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
plesk-management-node : Depends: pp-sitebuilder (>= 11.0.0) but it is not installable

---------------------- `apt-get` output ---X---
Collecting error details into log file...
Synchronizing the Debian APT package index files...

ERROR: Installation will not continue
Not all packages were installed.
Please, contact product technical support.

full log pastebin.com/WqyH81UG

Last edited:
since 12.0.10 - there's no dummy sitebuilder included - that's why I think it fails, so for testing 12.0.10: install 12.0.9 and then upgrade to 12.0.11.

since release notes for plesk 12 is removed from plesk website - http://goo.gl/ShvIn3 you can find them it from google cache :p

log of installer - www.pastebin.com/WqyH81UG

Last edited:
I was wrong.. even with 12.0.9 and dummy sitebuilder - installation fails.

Edit 2: even clean install to 12.0.5 on ubuntu 12.04 x64 fails with same error above.

Using preview-installer and even plesk-installer.

log of installer: http://pastebin.com/WqyH81UG

Last edited:
since 12.0.10 - there's no dummy sitebuilder included - that's why I think it fails, so for testing 12.0.10: install 12.0.9 and then upgrade to 12.0.11.

Looks like a misconfiguration at download site - there is no WPB version associated with all Plesk previews up to the latest. I expect this to be fixed tomorrow, so let's wait for now.

since release notes for plesk 12 is removed from plesk website - http://goo.gl/ShvIn3 you can find them it from google cache :p

Looks like release notes were moved to http://download1.parallels.com/Plesk/PP12/parallels-plesk-12.0-for-linux.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back