• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 12.0 Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dominor, is this problem actual for Plesk 12.0.12? Switching on works well on one of our demo servers - Plesk 12.0.12 demo

It spits out errors only at very first time when enabling all Fail2ban jails. When I disable and enable all fail2ban jails again - it doesn't show any errors anymore. This error is shown only for the very first time after clean install of panel.

Dominor, is this problem actual for Plesk 12.0.12? Switching on works well on one of our demo servers - Plesk 12.0.12 demo

Try to enter on YOUR demo: Extensions > Watchdog
ERROR: PleskUtilException: f2bmng failed: service fail2ban supports chkconfig, but is not referenced in any runlevel (run 'chkconfig --add fail2ban') ERROR:f2bmng:Command '['/sbin/chkconfig', '--list', 'fail2ban']' returned non-zero exit status 1 (Agent.php:231)

What's the purpose of enabling all jails if some of them correspond to services that cannot even be installed together (like QMail and Postfix)?

At first - your Fail2ban Plesk module should hide Jails for those services which are not installed - otherwise it's confusing - why to show jails for those services which are not installed, just make them hidden; also hide and automaticaly disable each related jail if any of related process(es)/services/components were uninstalled - for example if I uninstall dovecot and install courier - fail2ban jail for dovecot should be automaticaly disabled and just hidden from jails list and courier jail should appear on jails list but not activated automaticaly, same example with roundcube, horde and other components - if they're not installed - hide them, disable them automatically.

Last edited:
One more from cron email:
/etc/cron.daily/logrotate:
error: mod_security:1 duplicate log entry for /var/log/apache2/modsec_audit.log
error: found error in /var/log/apache2/modsec_audit.log , skipping
Reopen NGINX log files: ...done.

Quick question regarding Fail2Ban..

If I have installed Fail2Ban (from ubuntu repo) on Ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS running Plesk 11.5.30 #36 am I likely to experience any issues if I then upgrade to Plesk 12 (when released) and enable Fail2Ban within Plesk later.

From what I can tell on my Ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS, Plesk 12 server it's the version from the Ubuntu repo, so it should just add the plesk jails etc and overwrite the current.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Kind regards

Lloyd

If I have installed Fail2Ban (from ubuntu repo) on Ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS running Plesk 11.5.30 #36 am I likely to experience any issues if I then upgrade to Plesk 12 (when released) and enable Fail2Ban within Plesk later.

From what I can tell on my Ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS, Plesk 12 server it's the version from the Ubuntu repo, so it should just add the plesk jails etc and overwrite the current.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Kind regards

Lloyd
I'm not sure that it will work without any unpredictable consequences. I would not risk.

We develop with consideration of pre-installed fail2ban. So it shall work in final 12.0 and we test it.

We develop with consideration of pre-installed fail2ban. So it shall work in final 12.0 and we test it.

That's good to know, thanks.

While I'm here, I ran the update to 12.0.11 (from 12.0.10) when released but something appears to have gone wrong/not applied as it still shows 12.0.10 on the Panel homepage, and under Tools & Settings -> Server Components

psa 12.0.10-ubuntu12.04.build120140214.21

I tried to run it from SSH but still nothing.

plesk_12.0.11_installation.log
START wpb-headers-12.0.0-42893.14030720 installing (deb action: configure) AT Wed Mar 12 08:34:05 GMT 2014
Trying to start service mysql... /usr/sbin/mysqld (pid 1115) is running...
done
Trying to establish test connection... connected
done
done

**** Package wpb-headers scriptlet completed successfully.

STOP wpb-headers-12.0.0-42893.14030720 installing (deb action: configure) AT Wed Mar 12 08:34:09 GMT 2014

autoinstaller3.log
View attachment autoinstaller3.txt

Thanks in advance for any help
Regards

Lloyd

While I'm here, I ran the update to 12.0.11 (from 12.0.10) when released but something appears to have gone wrong/not applied as it still shows 12.0.10 on the Panel homepage, and under Tools & Settings -> Server Components

Could you pack and share all logs from /var/log/plesk/install/?

Those commands will safely update you in scope of current version, they will not upgrade your installation to another version (that is 12.0.12). To upgrade to latest preview release available you may use the following command:

# plesk installer --all-versions --select-product-id plesk --select-release-latest --upgrade-installed-components

At first - your Fail2ban Plesk module should hide Jails for those services which are not installed - otherwise it's confusing - why to show jails for those services which are not installed, just make them hidden; also hide and automaticaly disable each related jail if any of related process(es)/services/components were uninstalled - for example if I uninstall dovecot and install courier - fail2ban jail for dovecot should be automaticaly disabled and just hidden from jails list and courier jail should appear on jails list but not activated automaticaly, same example with roundcube, horde and other components - if they're not installed - hide them, disable them automatically.

That's a really useful feedback that I really hope will be taken into account by Parallels.

However it doesn't really answer my question (that was rhetorical, please don't reply).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back