• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

plesk 12.5.3 Firewall rule

nantucket

New Pleskian
I am having and issue that when ever I add a custom rule to the firewall such as a rule allow ip xx.xxx.xxx.xxx that when i preview the code there is a deny tcp anywhere , anywhere injected under the rule. This happens to every custom rule i add.

I can confirm this in the firewall-active.sh and on the Iptables. looking in to the plesk database I can see the deny injected after the custom rules but i don't have a clue where or how it is being introduced. This is a fresh install on a new server.

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

Parallels Plesk Panel 12.5 MU #8 CentOS 6.4 (Final) 64bit

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION
We are having exactly the same issue with the same version of Plesk, adding a "deny" custom rule denies all incoming traffic rather than just the single IP we are trying to block

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
Add or edit a custom rule in the Firewall - allowing or denying a specific IP address

ACTUAL RESULT
Firewall denies all incoming traffic, so nobody can access their websites from any location (blocks DNS as well)

EXPECTED RESULT
Service should continue as normal with just the specified IP address blocked

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

Last edited:
Update : We have logged this issue with Odin and they have confirmed there is a bug in the firewall that creates a full deny when adding single IP addres custom rules. They have managed to replicate this issue on their test server as well as ours.

Experienced same issue today on the 12.5 plesk. As soon as I added IP which was allowed to all ports, everything else got banned from server.

Is there any ETA for fix/patch ?

Back