• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 12.5 does support DMARC record

jeanpaul

Basic Pleskian
Hi,
i try to configure DKIM and SPF with plesk, but i want also to use DMARC record, it seems when i send email, the mailer tester doesn't see my DMARC record:

https://www.mail-tester.com

Could you confirm Plesk 12.5 support DMARC with postfix & dovecot ?

Hi jeanpaul,

please be aware, that in most cases your server is not the primary DNS - server for your domain. Please set your DMARC - record over the dns - server from your domain-provider as a TXT - entry. You can certainly set as well a DMARC - entry on your own nameserver, but this doesn't replace the need of an entry at the primary nameserver for your domain.

Setting up an additional DMARC - record is pretty easy over the Plesk Control Panel and you could set this over the DNS - template, so that all domains on your server have a correct entry, which should then being added on the primary domain - nameserver at the depending domain - provider.

Additional template entry examples:

Code:
    _dmarc.<domain>.    TXT    v=DMARC1; p=none

This is a very simplified and common DMARC - entry, which could be extended to fit your very own specific modifications. To add domain - specific "rua" and/or "ruf" mail-adresses, you would use in your template: v=DMARC1; p=none; rua=mailto:abuse@<domain>; ruf=mailto:abuse@<domain>

Don't forget to sync the template after saving your modifications, so that Plesk inserts the additional entries to all domains.

Please read more at
"Server-Wide DNS Template" ( online documentation: Administrator's Guide, Plesk 12.0 )

Additional external links ( please contact me, if a link goes dead, so I can change this post ):

A very good online generation tool for DMARC records can be found at: KTS DMARC Assistant

You could check your DMARC - records at: dmarcian - DMARC Inspector

Additional informations could be read at: FAQ - DMARC Wiki

Thanks IgorG and UFHH01 for your feedback, i tested with dmarc inspector and the record is detected but not with mail tester.
i'm going vote for this feature.

Hello, do you know if this already works in plesk?
I'm trying unsuccessfully to set dmarc.
Thank you very much.

Hello, do you know if this already works in plesk?
I'm trying unsuccessfully to set dmarc.
Thank you very much.

Yes, it already works in Plesk, after all it's only a TXT record.
Is your Plesk server the primary nameserver or is your domains registrar?
Regards

Lloyd

Lloyd Hi, thanks for your message.
Plesk makes nameserver management.
I tried but did not work and when I read this I thought it was because plesk.
Thank you.

Back