• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk 12.5 to Onyx 17.5.3. "MySQL query failed"

igork1

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

I upgraded Plesk 12.5.30 (Ubuntu 14.0.4) to Plesk Onyx 17.5.3.

When I try to click "Websites & Domains" in Plesk panel I see the following error.

Internal error: MySQL query failed: Unknown column 'miva' in 'field list'

I also attach a log file with error after the upgrade.

P.S. I successfully upgraded another VPS on Plesk 12.5 to Plesk Onyx 17.5.3 on CentOS 6.7.

Attachments

• parallels-installation-log.zip
    8 KB · Views: 1
Hi Peter,

Thanks for your advice!

I created a backup of Plesk database and then called # plesk repair db -y
Now I see Plesk 12.5.30 and it works. I attach repair log.

Then I tried to upgrade Plesk again to 17.5.3. It also failed with several errors. I attach the new log file.

I could login to Plesk, it works, but I've seen the error message: "Upgrade failed. To remove this notice, remove the file /var/lock/parallels-panel-upgrade-failure.flag from the server. Repair the failed upgrade or installation."

I clicked to Repair link and I'm observing message "The repair operation is in progress. You will be redirected to the login page when it completes." already 1 hour.

Attachments

• repair-log.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 2_parallels-installation-log.zip
    7 KB · Views: 3
It seems that while running an upgrade you are also trying to upgrade your datasbase server. I don't think that this is a good idea. In the specific case the upgrade does not finish properly, because the authenticity of the MySQL packages cannot be verified. Either the checksum is wrong or the packages are corrupted for another reason. You can try to disable the repository for your MySQL server and let Plesk finish the other upgrades first. With anything beyond this suggestion I will not be able to help.

Peter,

Please can you advice in more details?

Currently I have MySQL 5.5.x I can try to upgrade it to 5.7.x before Plesk upgrade.

So, are you still seeing the message that the repair operation is in progress? If so, it's obviously hung up at this point. You'll want to kill the process and investigate the logs again.

No, I see again "Upgrade failed. To remove this notice, remove the file /var/lock/parallels-panel-upgrade-failure.flag from the server. Repair the failed upgrade or installation."

It seems that while running an upgrade you are also trying to upgrade your datasbase server. I don't think that this is a good idea. In the specific case the upgrade does not finish properly, because the authenticity of the MySQL packages cannot be verified. Either the checksum is wrong or the packages are corrupted for another reason. You can try to disable the repository for your MySQL server and let Plesk finish the other upgrades first. With anything beyond this suggestion I will not be able to help.

Peter,

Yes, I've read your suggestion. Please can you explain in more details? I will be very grateful you.

For Ubuntu you could edit /etc/apt/sources.list and temporarily remove the repository reference to your MySQL repository.

I couldn't find any reference to MySQL in /etc/apt/sources.list

I had mysql 5.5.x, so I decided to upgrade it to 5.7.x firstly. And then upgrade Plesk to 17.8.3 (stable). The upgrade was successful.

However I can't login after the upgrade.

Server Error 500
Zend_Db_Table_Row_Exception
Specified column "status" is not in the row
Type Zend_Db_Table_Row_Exception
Message Specified column "status" is not in the row
File Abstract.php
Line 179

I tried to use plesk repair installation -y -v
but it didn't help. Same error when I try to log in.

Message after repair utility:

Errors occurred while performing the following actions: upgrade Plesk business logic, restore mail, configure SSL ciphers and protocols.
Check '/var/log/plesk/install/plesk_17.8.11_repair.log' and '/var/log/plesk/install/plesk_17.8.11_repair_problems.log' for details.
If you can't resolve the issue on your own, please address Plesk support.
**** Product repair completed successfully.

Back