• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 7.0.2 install problem

M

mag.

I tried to install plesk 7.0.2 on my 7.0.1 version
I download Windows/plesk_7.0.sp2_build_040921.10.msi
but when I execute this file - showing error "Another version of this product is already installed ... "
Why?

Did you guys run the updater to version 7.0.2 (about 12MB) or the fullinstaller?

Yes!

plesk_7.0.sp2_build_040921.10.msi is the updater version !! btw, even though its installed on another machine, after i run plesk update it showing me 7.0 and 7.0.1 patches and updates !! and after you install them it will take you back to version 7.0.1 !! and when you run plesk_7.0.sp2_build_040921.10.msi again it will gives you the same error!? any ideas??

Regards,
K

hmm, strange.
I would try to uninstall PLESK 7.0.0 and run the latest installer 7.0.2.

I have the same problem on one of my machines.

Here's what I observed.

Installed Plesk retail version.

Installed all PFW patches as they were released in this order:

1. Plesk_7.0.1_patch_build040810.22.msi
2. plesk_7.0.1_hotfix_04082006.msi
3. plesk_7.0.1_hotfix_04082620.msi
4. plesk_7.0.1_hotfix_04082702.msi

Installed Plesk for Windows Service Pack 2 from plesk_7.0.sp2_build_040921.10.msi

Last night the auto-updater (psa-autoupdate 1.1.1725.18333) downloaded all the in-between patches. meaning:
Plesk_7.0.1_patch_build040810.22.msi
plesk_7.0.1_hotfix_04082006.msi
plesk_7.0.1_hotfix_04082620.msi
plesk_7.0.1_hotfix_04082702.msi

Normally the patches above will check to see if they have been previously installed but in this case they install anyway and downgrade the installed version.

I'm not sure if this is a sure fix, but the work around was to uninstall all installed patches and simply install SP2 by hand. I'm going to be disabling the auto-updater on all my production machines from here on out to prevent any mistakes by our admin staff.

Well,

thats what i did, and now its running 7.0.2 ... i also had to reconfigure auto update for plesk to only show me updates!

Regards,

This is very weird, I tried looking for the Sp2 patch with the filename you mentioned but couldnt.

the one i found was: http://download1.sw-soft.com/Plesk/Plesk7/Windows/plesk_7.0.sp1_build_040921.10.msi
11.5MB , under download...plesk patches, after checking the Release Notes it seemed that its the 7.0.2 update, even though the filename says sp1, so i installed it, plesk its reporting running at version 7.0.2, very nice, the TTS Mail Gate also works now.

but i noticed something weird now, the plesk update its showing me as lacking these updates:

Plesk 7.0.1 for Microsoft Windows Hotfix (04082620) Fix autoupdater and backup utilities issues after migration from Plesk 6.5.x to 7.0

Plesk 7.0.1 for Microsoft Windows Hotfix (04082702) This update fixes issue "Plesk login_name Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability"

Plesk 7.0.1 patch Updates Plesk binary and script files

I believe these were included in the 7.0.2 update

Service pack contains fixes for issues solved in Plesk 7.0 hotfixes:

Changing BACKUP directory in reconfigurator.
Reconfigurator utility did not change Plesk domains Backup directory location.

Reconfigurator GUI and usability improvements
There was no shortcut on reconfigurator in Start->Programs->SWsoft Plesk menu. There was no help messages (hints). Button 'Map address to' was not disabled correctly.

Reconfigurator path validation
Reconfigurator did not check correctly path value to conform some conditions. E.g. it was possible to set Plesk vhosts directory into system folder, user home directory, etc.

Statistics.exe uses a lot of CPU resources
Statistics utility ulitized too much CPU time during start to determine location of log files per each domain. Initialization step was significantly optimized.

Databases size in domain report issue
Size of database files was not calculated in domain report.

Wrong web ftp statistics calculation for domains on shared IP
Statistics was calculated only for one domain on a shared IP address. All other domains was not processed.

UebiMiau login issue
Uebimiau displayed error message "Invalid theme, configure your $default_theme" on login page. UebiMiau was incorrectly installed on a domain, some configuration steps were missed.

Client couldn't access to log manager
Client has not enouph permissions to access Log Manager even if server administrator delegated access to the client via control panel.

Backup utilities and national symbols issue
Couldn't restore files with national symbols in the name.

Wrong \vhosts\webmail\index.html file context
File index.html in webmail folder was malformed. It doesn't conform to W3C HTML standard.

"Invalid Base Path" issue
System user psaadm sometimes loses permissions to access certain registry keys. Usually it happens after migration from Plesk 6.5.x to 7.0.0 or multiple install/uninstall cycles. The utility called reconfigurator.exe could be used to fix registry keys access permissions. Please run reconfigurator.exe, click on "Repair Plesk Installation", select "Plesk File Security" checkbox and then click "Next".

Workaround for "BIND high CPU utilization" issue
BIND DNS server used by Plesk could use about 20-40% CPU load running under Windows on some SMP configurations even when idle. In the case where DNS services are not actually provided by Plesk, it is now possible to disable BIND service completely to reduce unnecessary load. server and keep it's configuration up-to-date manually or use static domain configarations. In this case it is possible to disable BIND service installed with Plesk Control Panel version 7.0.0. To disable BIND, please run command line (without quotes): "dnsmng --named-disable". Plesk control panel will disable BIND DNS service and won't start Bind again during new domain addition or reconfiguration of existing domains. To enable BIND service back, please run command line (without quotes): "dnsmng --named-enable" Bind service will be enabled and all DNS reconfigurations will work as usual.

Error at domain page after migration from 6.5.x to 7.0.x
It is impossible to read and change existing domain configuration and to create new domain on a Plesk systems migrated from 6.5.x version to Plesk 7.0.x. Domain configuration web page failed and displayed error message: "Unable to assign DomainControlForm object: Unable to addVars: domain_bu failed: ProductInfo,Product,Attribute"

Plesk AutoUpdater crashes after the migration from 6.5.x to 7.0.x
It is impossible to check for new Plesk updates after the migration from Plesk 6.5.x to Plesk 7.0.x. Plesk AutoUpdater displays message box "Error in checking updates: ProductInfo,Product,Attribute" and stops. Plesk Control Panel page "Plesk Update" fails and displays error message: "Unable to init the AutoUpdatesList: Unable to run `pleskautoupdate` utility: ProductInfo,Product,Attribute"

Plesk "login_name" Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
Plesk had CSS vulnerability on login page. It was possible to execute arbitrary HTML and script code in a user's browser session in context of a vulnerable site. More information about this vulnerability is available from http://secunia.com/advisories/12368/

Any comments?

-Andres

Regarding SP2 - sorry for confusion guys, 7.0.2 is in fact SP1, and 7.0.3 will be SP2. We just renamed the files and changed text on that page.

As to 7.0.2 not showing in the autoupdater, after major upgrades we usually delay publishing them to autoupdater, just to make sure we will not break half of the servers automatically if something goes wrong with the update.

Please download it manually from the site in the meantime.

We have the same problem:

7.0.1 from updater downgrades 7.0.2 and 7.0.2 won't upgrade it again. what to do???

Back