• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

plesk 7.5.2 does really work fine on freebsd 4.9?

F

flip2k3

i need to know if someone upgraded is plesk on freebsd 4.9 to plesk 7.5.2 version...

i patched my plesk, working fine on my server but i cannot access my email account, it said password wrong but it's the good one....

i need to fix this really soon but i don't know how

flip2k3

Can you login as the administrator? If so I'd try resetting your email password via that route then try to access your email again.

Nige.

i logged into administrator plesk panel, i changed my mail password, i tried it again, but same problem...

user name or password invalide via webmail or pop3 again

:(

I have the same problem. I can log into sFTP and MySQL and all that just fine, but I can't get into webmail or POP3 or IMAP accounts.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm on FreeBSD 4.9 as well.

I can even log into Plesk via the email user (with control panel access enabled), but still I cannot get into Horde or via POP3 or IMAP.

It might have something to do with the fact that I do not have anything at /etc/userdb

Isn't this where Courier-Imap tries to authenticate users?

Add...

AUTHMODULES="authpsa"
MAILPASSWD="/usr/local/psa/qmail/users/poppasswd"

to: /usr/local/psa/courier-imap/etc/pop3d

And then run

/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk -v

That worked for me... now I've just got other weird problems with the CP..

These lines are already there.

What does the command do?

It takes a long time to execute...

The command rebuilds the email account information. I believe that it has to process each and every message on the server while it runs.

FreeBSD4.9 and PLESK 7.5.2 Mail doesn't work

I've done both clean installs and upgrades, I'm seeing this same issue, you can authenticate using ftp because its a real user in /etc/master.passwd, but the POP/IMAP server does not seem to work.

I've added the lines suggested and I'm still nowhere.

Thank you SWSoft for screwing up my day!

Hello dcnet,
Have to ask. ;)

You added the lines to the correct file,
optionally ran the mchk -v command,
and restarted either Plesk or Courier?

Cheers.

Back