• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 7.6 and PHP5

Originally posted by nethosts
You can't share php.ini

You need both php.ini files in each root php directory and no php files in the windows or system32 directory.

In this case there is no a way to find PHP4 and PHP5 automatically

In this case there is no a way to find PHP4 and PHP5 automatically

Now you've lost me.

We're trying out Plesk at the moment with a view to moving from Helm and php at the moment is oour only problem area with Plesk..

On all servers we have php4 and php5 installed and the user can select which version they wish to use per domain. It's simple to do setup and do and works well. This had to be done manually until the release of Helm 3.2.10 which now has the support for it.

Under Helm a user can choose which version of php they wish to use per domain, exactly the way they can choose between asp.net 1 and asp.net 2 under both Helm and indeed Plesk.

So far PHP under Plesk is causing us so much of a nightmare that we are now considering just sticking with Helm, which is a pity as it appears to be a bit more professional looking than Helm.

Another feature suggestion for 7.6

slightly off topic as this is about php 4 and 5 but here are some suggestions for the upcoming 7.6 version that I would really like to see integrated.

1. client plan upgrade.
the Ability to switch a client from 1 template to another and have their permissions and resource allocations updated accordingly.

(if this is already in 7.5 please show me how)

2. push domains between clients.
I really need to be able to select a domain and reassign that domain to another client.

3. enable / disable parent paths settings from the control panel.

4. allow us to set and run commands / stored procs when setting up new sql databases and users, as part of the setup process.

5. fix the ftp home directory inaccessable issues.

6.create private ftp accounts. these will have a folder that is inaccessable from the web and will be just used as a file storage. also optionally allow ftp accounts to be setup for subdomains that have been created.

7. when creating the first sql user for a sql db make that user the actual owner of the database and not just grant db_owner rights.
this is imperitive to prevent users connecting via sql management studio / enterprise manager from seeing everyone elses db's, cos we can revoke view all databse from the public role.. but that hides all dbs except the master temp and databases that the user is the owner of.. please note owner and db_owner permissions are not the same thing.

8. in sql, lets us create sub users for a db and set the rights that the user has for that db. this will allow us to secure our databases better be granting datawriter and datareader rights only and not having the webusers executing sql scripts with the db owner permissions.

9. integrate mailenables spam filters into the control panel.

implement this stuff and plesk will rule the windows control panel world.

cheers

Zan

Is PLESK V7.6 officially released?
Is it Ok to upgrade from 7.56 to 7.6?

As a lot of PHP scripts are installed on my windowsserver, and i am not sure if they alle work under PHP5 i would prefer standard version4.

Option to have 5 as a second possibility installed would be good.

I know I might be late in putting my 2-cents in, but the way I see it is I'd like to see if we can support it like cPanel does on Linux.
At our firm we use cPanel for Linux and Plesk for Windows.

For all of you not familiar with how cPanel does it here's a quicky. Both PHP 4.x and 5.x are running, but by default all .php, .php4, .phtml and such use PHP 4.x and the onyl way to use PHP 5.x is with .php5 files. The way to make .php parse PHP 5.x is by setting it up in the Mime Types for the account.

Well there you have it if you want to have both on Windows just reverse engineer Helm.

[I am referring to the post by "nethosts"]

Helm, huh? Tested a Helm server once. Think it was the DataCenter that set it up, but it got blown up WAY to easy :p

Well there you have it if you want to have both on Windows just reverse engineer Helm

Running PHP 4 and 5 on a Windows server does not require Helm. It's setup manually. and is very easy to do - no magic involved.

Helm just happens to have an interface to it so that clients can easily choose.

"PHP4 and PHP5 per Domain" full support will be in Plesk 8 for Windows which will be in the last half of September.

Any movement on this one?

Do you have a revised ETA, our clients are now screaming for PHP5, and indeed, MYSQL5 too.

Best regards,
Sean.

Of course, PHP5 full support will be in the next Plesk version which release has been adjourned till the last half of November.
Plesk already supports MySQL 5 and we suppose to include it into distribution too.

Originally posted by sshigin
Of course, PHP5 full support will be in the next Plesk version which release has been adjourned till the last half of November.
Plesk already supports MySQL 5 and we suppose to include it into distribution too.

any time now?

php4 and php5

Windows Plesk 8.1 now handles both at same time acording to website.

But i have installed 8.1 and need guidance.

How do i install php5 to run at the same time with php4 safely, plesk must have procedure to do this.

I am sure many are waiting for this answer.

Back