• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 8.0.0 and FreeBSD 6.0

CruzMark

Regular Pleskian
I installed Plesk 8.0.0 on FreeBSD 6.0, just to get a look before I upgrade my 7.5.4 server.

One installation gotcha of note is that the installer tries to use gtar, but it couldn't find it until I installed the version from the ports collection.

After that, everything went smoothly.

I "prepared" the server with a few other binaries and perl modules, so I don't know if there are any other dependencies. The stuff I installed was based on my experiences installing 7.5.4, plus some other utilities I like to have.

So, there you go...

Does is finally use the packages from the portstree? Or does the Plesk 8.0 for FreeBSD package come with precompiled non self upgradeable old versions of Apache and PHP?

the release notes says:

21. [+] SpamAssassin 3 for FreeBSD
SpamAssassin 3 upgrade for FreeBSD - FreeBSD versions of Plesk 8 come with SpamAssassin 3 included. This new SpamAssassin version further improves the quality of spam filtering, while fine-tuning SpamAssassin's already outstanding performance.

22. [*] PHP 4.4.2 upgrade for FreeBSD
PHP 4.4.2 upgrade for FreeBSD - FreeBSD versions of Plesk 8 come with PHP upgraded to 4.4.2 version. PHP 4.2.2 offers increased performance and security among other improvements.

For FBSD you're expected to use the shipped versions, which they update periodically. For all other platforms (possibly except OSX) you can use any versions.

Back