• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 8.2 Windows to Plesk 8.2 Linux Migration

sismservice

New Pleskian
Is anyone aware of a way to migrate from a Plesk 8.2 Windows server to Plesk 8.2 Linux server.

The Linux based PMM outputs an error when attempting the migration - connects to the server but then gives errors that appear to be related to Python.

Any help is appreciated.

Actually, the Linux 8.2 manual says that Plesk for Linux 8.2 can migrate from other platforms of Plesk. This would seem to say that Plesk for Windows migration works, as there are no other platforms than Linux and Windows in the Plesk world.

Hi

I believe SWsoft mean "Hosting platform", here what's written in the manual:

At the present moment you can migrate the following platforms to Plesk:

* Confixx 1.65, 2, 3
* CommuniGate Pro
* older releases of Plesk and Slash (for FreeBSD or Linux)
* Cobalt Raq 2, 3, 4, 550, XTR
* cPanel 9, 10
* Ensim 3.5, 4

Actually, the manual for 8.2 Linux says:

"and also for migration from older releases of Plesk and from different platforms of Plesk".

They specifically mention different platforms of Plesk, not just different hosting platforms. I guess my big concern here is that the manual seems to say it is possible, and our account rep said it was possible and told us to open a ticket, and now the support team tells us it is not possible and has refused to refund our money. Basically we've paid them $75 to tell us to go away.

We have tried to import a domain generating first a backup in the Windows server and then importing the generated file without success too.

Plesk's response is that this is not possible, and likely won't ever be possible. More and more each day I get the distinct impression that SWSoft really doesn't care about their customers. Even our sales contact (Marco) has begun upsetting me greatly, with misleading and derogatory comments to us.

Back