• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

PLESK 8.4 and SMARTERMAIL 5.5

C

croosie

Hi,

I have seen similar posts, but i thought i'd start a new one as this involves PLESK and Smartermail5.5 as well.

I run and have been running plesk 8.4 since the day it came out, and then installed SM 4.

Since then i've upgraded to SM5.5 .

Problems :

1) since the install of Smartermail, the email stats are no longer captured by plesk , but exclusively by SM, this is an issue if i need to pull up some stats , i need to now open the smartermail admin screen as well. ( maybe this is plesks problem )

2) Most times ( very intermittently) when creating an email or doing most things in plesk that affect SM, the smarter mail services just stop. Then everyone cant pop / webmail / or login to the SM admin interface . I have to physically login to the server and restart the smartermail services. If someone can shed light on this i'd really be greatful. Maybe even tell me if it plesks problem and i'll fight with them, or if it is indeed a SM problem, then lets fix it.

ANY response would be greatly appreciated, as i am loosing faith in the reliability of SM 5.5 due to this, see-ing as this wasn't a problem with plesk 8.4 and SM4

Kirwin Paulsen

SM 5.5 restarts and sometimes fails

We are experiencing the issue too, with Plesk 8.6 and SM 5.5. The SM service is actually restarting, and sometimes fails to start back up. We are pursuing this with SM separately.

I think Paralles and SmarterTools are both ignoring us, as i have posted the same topic on SM forums, and have had no response to date.

If you have any luck with this, please add your solution to this post, it would really be welcomed.

And by the way i have the exact same config of plesk8.6 and SM 5.5

Thanks,
Kirwin

Back