• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 9.0 - when?

H

Hal9000

Hi!
I remember seing a roadmap last year about Plesk 9.0 to come out more or less in April 2008. I am pretty sure this date is not going to be met, but my questions is:
any news about Plesk 9.0? when will it be released?

From what I've heard not any time soon :(

I'd much prefer more updates to Plesk 8, but ones that work instead of breaking everything.

Multiple FTP accounts should have been added ages ago.

i'm really looking forward for postfix support...
i actually am going to change some servers and am seriously thinking of dumping plesk in favor of some other solution, unless some new version comes out that can convince me to remain a parallels customer.

you mean my plesk license? it's a leased one...
i wont sell my customers ;)

I hope a new roadmap with an updated Plesk 9 release window will be revealed at Parallels Summit 2008 (next month).

If that turns out to be true and someone here is going to attend that event, please let the rest of us know!

64bithost.
PM me your details as i may be selling my plesk owned licenses (Windows and Linux) and possibly customers too. So i can con contact you when i am ready.

i decided to switch to another control panel.
my company has enough of being dependent and ****ed in the *** by a company like swsoft/parallels.
so 8.3 will be the last version running on our servers. migration beginning in one month ;)´

Hal9000,

Which control panel are you going to use now? I am also sick of waiting for SWSoft to respond to community requests, e.g. Postfix support, broken AWStats functionality, DNS date RFC format, etc.

Hi!
I remember seing a roadmap last year about Plesk 9.0 to come out more or less in April 2008. I am pretty sure this date is not going to be met, but my questions is:
any news about Plesk 9.0? when will it be released?

Plesk 9 is scheduled for Q4'08.

Can we expect any further updates for Plesk for Linux until 8.4 is released?

When will more information on 8.4 be available?

Plesk 9 is scheduled for Q4'08.

We want minor updates! there is lots of numbers to use as version numbers.

Why do you make 8.1.0, 8.2.0, 8.3.0 (max "x.3") then "x+1.0"? why 9.0 after 8.3? aren't there any bugs or errors? we report lots of errors and bugs? Why don't you release bugfixes immediately? why don't you use 8.3.1, 8.3.2 or 8.3.9? Is your software bugless or there is no need to make minor changes?

why do we have to wait for monts? are we waiting for bugfixes? are we waiting for buggy new version? or are we waiting for useless functions?

Please do minor updates for known bugs and name them x.x.1, x.x.2, x.x.3, x.x.4 ... x.x.9 and do these upgrades in a short time period.. becouse we are getting throuble with plesk 8.3.0

We want minor updates! there is lots of numbers to use as version numbers.

Why do you make 8.1.0, 8.2.0, 8.3.0 (max "x.3") then "x+1.0"? why 9.0 after 8.3? aren't there any bugs or errors? we report lots of errors and bugs? Why don't you release bugfixes immediately? why don't you use 8.3.1, 8.3.2 or 8.3.9? Is your software bugless or there is no need to make minor changes?

why do we have to wait for monts? are we waiting for bugfixes? are we waiting for buggy new version? or are we waiting for useless functions?

Please do minor updates for known bugs and name them x.x.1, x.x.2, x.x.3, x.x.4 ... x.x.9 and do these upgrades in a short time period.. becouse we are getting throuble with plesk 8.3.0

Hello S.Celik,

Thank you for the report.
We are going to do exactly as you suggest.

looks like every update ;-(
can't login to the test server since upgrade :-(

What's new in Plesk 8.4.0 (based on the What's New inside Plesk) :

French and after UK :

* FRENCH *

- Simplification de l'installation des applications pour site. Toutes les applications pour site sont triées par catégories ce qui facilite le choix de l'application qu'il vous faut installer.

- Prise en charge de DomainKeys. Maintenant, vous pouvez utiliser le mécanisme DomainKeys d'authentification des expéditeurs de mails pour réduire le nombre de spams ou de phishing envoyés à vos clients. Pour en savoir plus, reportez-vous au chapitre Configurer une protection anti-spam.

- Mise à jour des composants utilisés avec Plesk Control Panel. Les toutes dernières versions des logiciels suivants peuvent être utilisées avec Plesk Control Panel: Acronis True Image Server 9.5, Parallels Plesk Sitebuilder 4.2, Horde 3.1.7, SPAW 2.0 (logiciel d'édition utilisé dans le Gestionnaire de fichiers de Plesk), Adobe ColdFusion 8.

- Prise en charge du logiciel 4PSA VoipNow. La solution VoIP développée par 4PSA est maintenant entièrement prise en charge par Plesk Control Panel. Pour en savoir plus sur 4PSA VoipNow, reportez-vous à http://www.4psa.com/index.php?pcat=products&pag=4psavoipnow

* UK *

- Simplified installation of site applications. All site applications are sorted by categories, which makes it easier to choose the right application to install.

- DomainKeys support. Now you can use DomainKeys e-mail sender authentication mechanism to reduce the amount of spam and phishing e-mails that are sent to your customers. For more information, refer to the chapter Setting Up Spam Protection.

- Updated components used with Plesk Control Panel. The latest versions of the following software can be used with Plesk Control Panel: Acronis True Image Server 9.5, Parallels Plesk Sitebuilder 4.2, Horde 3.1.7, SPAW 2.0 (editing software used in Plesk File Manager), Adobe ColdFusion 8.

- 4PSA VoipNow software support. The VoIP solution developed by 4PSA is now fully supported by Plesk Control Panel. For information about 4PSA VoipNow, refer to http://www.4psa.com/index.php?pcat=products&pag=4psavoipnow

Back