• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 9 Not Changing Password in MailEnable Pro

risede

Basic Pleskian
It appears that Plesk 9 is not correctly interfacing with my MailEnable Pro mail server when it comes to changing passwords. I can create mail accounts just fine, but it will not change the password.

Here is the process that is not working:

Select "Domains"
Click "risedev.com"
Click "Mail Accounts"
Click [email protected]
Click "Webmail"

A new browser window will popup with the mailEnable login screen. In the new screen:
type [email protected] as the username and Noreply1 as the password, then click "Login"

You should be successfully logged into the mail account.

Now, close the window and you should be back to the mail account screen in the original browser.

Click "Preferences"
In the "New Password" & "Confirm Password" fields, type: Xxx123
then click "Ok"

Click "Webmail"

Again, a new browser window with the mailEnable login screen appears. Now try logging into the [email protected] account using the username: [email protected] and the password: Xxx123

You should get an error: Unknown or Disabled User!"

If you go back to the login screen and type the OLD password (Noreply1), it will correctly log you in.

So, the password change function in Plesk 9 is NOT working.

Please help resolve this issue.

One other note: If I remote into the server and change the passowrd through the MailEnable program, the password DOES correctly change.

Back