• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk and upgrades...

Roy Boverhof

Basic Pleskian
Please allow me to rant for a bit... it was either write this post or visit the datacenter with a baseball bat ;)

<rant>
Where do I begin, it all started with an email that basically every plesk panel ever created contains some serious vulnerability... so I decided to upgrade/update... which (as expected) didn't work, most panels just failed with some weird rpm dependency error...or it might have had something to do with tidal movement, time of day, Plesk works in mysterious ways.

So I am now left with 2 plesk machines that I need to migrate because upgrading/updating won't work... so I setup a nice clean Plesk 10.4.4 server... migrate the clients and presto, problem solved. Oh no, wait that was what I hoped for. Waht actually happend was: first people can't email anymore because by default TLS has been activated, so people start calling me that they can't mail... anyway... google is my best friend (well not really) but it this case it did the trick and I found what I needed to modify... yay! Customers can email again! But... because of php 5.3 most sites stop working, fortunately the installer/updater allows you to select an older version of php... problem solved.... no not really, it went downhill from here:

#selectBestResolvers(): Can't find solution for 'obsolete_mode_solution for php53-cli' of dummy_masterpackage_for_dependency-1.2.3.
Execute command /usr/sbin/getenforce
Disabled
Error: Can't find solution for 'obsolete_mode_solution for php53-cli' of dummy_masterpackage_for_dependency-1.2.3.
Not all packages were installed.
Please resolve this issue and try installing the packages again.

No idea how I "resolve" this issue, but what it means is now almost all sites cease to work. I ended up running the installer again, forcing it to install a mod_bandwith package... which at least got the webserver to function again.

Still no luck on the PHP front, for some reason the sites that use Typo3 don't work anymore.

Today I have received atleast 3 messages regarding the webhosting event in Germany and how cool Plesk 11 is going to be... yes... more features, that's just what we need. I was hoping on a word-processor, perhaps integrated photoshop and why not something so I can chat and a feature that does my dishes for me! That would be awesome!

ALL I NEED / WANT IS A STABLE HOSTING ENVIRONMENT!!!!!
</rant>

Anyway... I hope I made a point here, I have been a customer for years now and nothing changes... to be honest I curse the day I decided to go for this technology stack. Isn't a panel supposed to make your life as a hoster easier?

Run these commands and try again with the autoinstaller:
Code:
rpm -e php53-cli-5.3.3-5.el5 --nodeps
rpm -e php53-5.3.3-5.el5 --nodeps

Back