• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Autoinstaller

T

TonyTTL

ERROR: There is kernel installation required for continue.
Use --allow-kernel-install option for confirm

I realise I must change the authority. How is this accomplished?
I'm assuming here the option must be selected from the command line? rather than through the Plesk CP?

iTS been a few days - but Im no further on. Perhaps I asked the question wrongly?

I am still confident one of the tech savvy ppl on here will help (soon) - I hope ;)

I am talking to myself here I know hehehe but each time im learning something new.

Plesk autoupdate wont allow kernel upgrades by default.

Can I enable this option on my server for future updates?
If so how? > thanks.

Read the Manual?

There is a manual that was posted on-line for the Autoupdater here:
http://download1.sw-soft.com/Plesk/Plesk7.5/Doc/plesk-7.5r-auto-installer-users-guide.pdf

The manual states that you can run the autoupdater in "wizard mode" from the command line. In the appendix it lists a whole bunch of different command line options that can be specified -- including this one:

--allow_kernel_install

Which according to the description does:

Use this option if you want to allow kernel upgrade. By default, the auto-installer does not make any kernel upgrades. Note that auto-installer installs new kernels to the system, leaving the older kernel aside so that you can revert to it at any time.

If I understand your question correctly, using this command line option with the autoupdater should fix your problem.

Thanks for your reply.

Seems like i missed THIS bit:
in "wizard mode" from the command line
as I was confused by the Gui not offering the ability to append option.
Got it now.
Many thanks ;)

Back