• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Backup Manager download large backup files takes to long!

I'm experiencing an issue when downloading large backup files. When I click download, the request takes so long that I'm presented with a timeout error. Within the tmp directory, the [random].tar file is growing in size during the request. Also, the symptoms assumed at http://kb.odin.com/en/119499 are not generated on my system.

The problems are with backupfiles exceeding >2GB, files under this size download well after a short period of time. We've tried to raise the timeout limit within the sw-cp-server config, but when the tarfile (>10GB) seems to be generated (not growing in size anymore) it's stuck waiting forever.

Is it possible to copy the server repository backups allready existing to the personal FTP repository?

Are those backups created on the server repository? And are you trying to download those to your local machine (i.e. laptop/desktop for safekeeping)?

UP !

We have recently experienced the same behaviour when backups are stored in the same server of Plesk (12.5.30 # 55 )
(not FTP repo) and filesize is quite large (> 10GB).

In such cases there's no way for end-customers to download backup files , besides the used browser (always timeout).
A .tar file of the same size as backup is created in /tmp/ server directory during the "tried" download.

Just checked KB119499 but there's no hung process.

Back