• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk Backup stucks at 41% Google Drive Backup

swebsystems

New Pleskian
Username:

TITLE

Plesk Backup stucks at 41% Google Drive Backup

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

Ubuntu 20.04.6 LTS
Produkt
Plesk Obsidian
Version 18.0.55 Update #2, zuletzt aktualisiert: 28. Sept. 2023 05:07:20

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

The Backups to Google Drive Stucks since 06.10.23
It hangs at 41% every time by the same customer

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

The Plesk Backup hangs

ACTUAL RESULT

No result

EXPECTED RESULT

Backup is running completely

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

(DID NOT ANSWER QUESTION)

YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM

Confirm bug

This is not a general error of the Plesk software as we are not getting similar reports from other users. However, before some users did experience issues with their configuration and Google Drive.

Have you verified that you have enough space on your Google Drive account for the backup?

Other users have reported with Google Drive that if a backup is too large, Google Drive closes the connection during the backup. The solution for that issue could be to check the "Multivolume" backup checkbox to split the backup into smaller segments.

Some other users have reported, that Google Drive needs so long to respond that the backup service times out. You can fix that by adding custom timeout values to the panel.ini file, for example:

[ext-google-drive-backup]
RequestTimeout = 10
PauseBetweenAttempts[] = 30
PauseBetweenAttempts[] = 45
PauseBetweenAttempts[] = 60

or longer.

If these workarounds do not solve the issue, please consider opening a support ticket so that Plesk support staff can check the issue directly on your server. https://support.plesk.com.

I have the next problem, the server was down this night. Strato is the hoster.
I can only open the repair tool, but he ist still verry slow.
The adress is srv1.s-websystems.de:8443
Can you take a look if you see some problems?

We identified that the Plesk license was purchased not directly from Plesk but through one of the Plesk Resellers.

So i cant open a ticket. At the moment the server has a reoboot, but the server is verry verry slow

The server runs now but verry slow, i cant login to plesk, but sites without databases working. May you have an idea?

The server runs now but verry slow, i cant login to plesk, but sites without databases working. May you have an idea?
That still sounds like a database problem. Did the support article from my previous post help you to solve the earlier database error?

Back