• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Backup - takes 20h

keff

Basic Pleskian
Hello,
Plesk ver 11.5.30 MU #48 on Debian 7.

Full backup of server takes almost the whole day. It's unacceptable. I've got second free server with uplink to plesk 100Mb/s.

I'm thinking about using pleskbackup to save only configuration, and the rest doing by rsync. The questions are:

1. Witch folders I should backup?
/var/www/vhosts
/var/qmail/mailnames
??? what else?

2. Assuming I restore from such backup, and copy from backup server rsynced folders( from point 1), what else i need to do to restore whole server?

Looks like you have used 'Server configuration and content' option for backup? Why you do not want to use 'Server configuration' option for backup only settings instead of using strange solution with rsync?
BTW, in latest Plesk 12.5 version you can use incremental backup feature.

Hello,
Plesk ver 11.5.30 MU #48 on Debian 7.

Full backup of server takes almost the whole day. It's unacceptable. I've got second free server with uplink to plesk 100Mb/s.

I'm thinking about using pleskbackup to save only configuration, and the rest doing by rsync. The questions are:

1. Witch folders I should backup?
/var/www/vhosts
/var/qmail/mailnames
??? what else?

2. Assuming I restore from such backup, and copy from backup server rsynced folders( from point 1), what else i need to do to restore whole server?
Upgrade to V12.5 and use the incremental backup feature just as suggested by Igor ..Otherwise, you will face a hell of trouble the day you will need to restore your files (when the un-imaginable happens).

Keff,

You will eventually need to upgrade ....
Technologies are changing every day, about 5 PHP versions have come and gone since Plesk 11, you surely are missing out a lot ...

+ You will get limited support here on forums for old software such as now ...

Back