• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk backup to FTP Repository on custom port not working

V

vaida.dan

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

Plesk 10.4.4, MU #23 installed, Linux 2.6.18-274.18.1.el5, x64 I think.

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

When I try to save backups on FTP Repository it simply states 'Failed' without display any error in the logs... The FTP server is listening on port 2121. Everything is configured properly, passive ports range, etc. We are able to connect to the FTP server with different clients on different platforms... We even tried with different FTP servers (FileZilla, IIS) on the same machine and same settings and didn't work. LiquidWeb sys admins said that Plesk doesn't know how to use other FTP port other than 21.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

Just try to save a backup to the FTP repository.

ACTUAL RESULT

Failed backup operation.

EXPECTED RESULT

Backup process to be completed on the FTP server.

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

None.

Yes, FTP backup will work only on standard ftp port 21.

"cool" :( are there any chances for an improvement of this in future mu's ?

Did you try to define FTP server as HOSTNAME:pORT in backup settings?
BTW, we have already corresponding request to development team. I have updated it with your case.

Hi IgorG,

I already tried that. That was my initial thought. I also tried server<space>port but I cannot even save it that way.

By the way, multiple backup-schemes would be nice to, so i can create one scheme for example last 3 days, 1 scheme for once a week and 1 scheme for once a month. or have such a option in 1 scheme.

Incremental backups would be a nice feature to.

Thank you!

Sure all those features are great, infact one person here is craving for away to backup on remote ftp server but also keep the local backup file (currently not possible), but if there were several schemes then it would easy to do the same.

So +1 to that Raymond ..

Hi,
Is there any update to this issue? I ran into the same trouble today. When I set a different port like :2121 then the contents of the repository are shown but backups will fail without clear error message until I remove the specific port entry.
I am running Plesk 10.4.4 with the latest updates.

Back