• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk Backups downloaded with .tzst file

DanielEl

New Pleskian
Hello,
In the last days every backup I downloaded im receiving a big tar files with files .tzst I dont know why, but I cant open a backup in my local server its not recognize the tzst,
What should I do ?

thank you and have a good day!

Hmm and how can I use it? because I have 2 environments, and now im not possible to open the .tzst file

Was checking if my backups are complete on windows today as well, can't find a way to open the .tzst file, anybody knows a solution?

tzst compression sucks so far. I am trying to extract a DB backup from linux server from windows backup server and can't. I installed fileviewer plus for windows and it can't seem to connect to the internet and validate the app even though I allowed it through windows filewall which was already disabled. So that won't work.

7zip can't do anything with it either and neither can winzip eval. I need the backup and I can't get at it!

Switching back to gzip won't help as all previous backups are inaccessible!

What do I do now?

Once I found peazip, it made it fairly easy. It means one extra step to extract an archive but that's OK now that I know how to extract it.

All of this is just another step to waste time. for minimal improvement

Here for extracting the .tzst command.

tar -I zstd -xvf example.tar.zst

In your YOURDOMAIN:8443/admin/backup/settings/

Compression level > no compression for not use tzst, will use .tar as before.
Screenshot_5.png

In my case, to give you an example, by not using Plesk compression, the files weigh more.

Tests I have done
500kb converts to 2.5mb
9GB in tzst becomes 10.5GB in .TAR, the files weigh a little more but in my case I prefer them to weigh more and be able to open them from windows without using other apps

Hi, I am resuming this thread just because I finally found someone that has opened this ZSTD files with success.

I have an issue with a website, the recovery from the Plesk panel was lasting 24 hours and counting so I tried to access my local FTP backups with no luck.
What am I doing wrong?

1. Recovered all the .TAR* files from my FTP server
  2. Merged all the files in one .TAR (cat tar_name.tar* > single_archive.tar")
  3. As I try to unpack this big .TAR with The Unarchiver on macOS I get a warning that the file is corrupted
  4. "Continue" the software proceeds to unpack but all I get are two backup_user-data_2203200139.tzst (and .tzst1) - 2.15GB each (the full backup is around 40GB)
Then I read this thread and found a software that fully supports .TZST (tried peazip on macOS and 7Zip-TZST version on Windows) all I get is a "backup_user-data_2203200139", 2GB with no extension.
This is all I get inside the backup.

If I try to "TEST" the big .TAR file with Peazip this is the result I get
7-Zip (z) 21.07 (arm64) : Copyright (c) 1999-2021 Igor Pavlov : 2021-12-26
64-bit arm_v:8 locale=en_US.UTF-8 Threads:8, ASM

Scanning the drive for archives:
1 file, 40239807912 bytes (38 GiB)

Testing archive: /Users/***/Desktop/BCK/bck.tar

ERRORS:
Headers Error

WARNINGS:
There are data after the end of archive

--
Path = /Users/***/Desktop/BCK/bck.tar
Type = tar
ERRORS:
Headers Error
WARNINGS:
There are data after the end of archive
Physical Size = 4294968320
Tail Size = 35944839592
Headers Size = 1024
Code Page = UTF-8
Characteristics = ASCII

T domains/hostname/backup_user-data_2203200139.tzst
T domains/hostname/backup_user-data_2203200139.tzst1

Archives with Errors: 1

Warnings: 1

Open Errors: 1

Yeah the article just tells you to download a software to handle the TZST files (or handle that through terminal on the server), I saw that, but what I can't figure out is if my .TARs are corrupted or if I am missing something..

Back