• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Plesk broken after a ProFTPd update

M

MigR

Hello,

I have a big problem.
Basically I am currently updating some softwares on a our server (a DV at media temple) and in the list I had to have ProFTPd 1.3.3

This version is not available in yum so I added the atomicorp location to yum so that I can use their version.
It did not manage to upgrade at first so I did what is suggested: removing the installed version before installing the new one. Here is how I uninstalled:

$ yum remove psa-proftpd

I don't know if it is the cause, but I've noticed that while removing it, it has been removing a lot of other things with a 'psa' prefix. And when I did "yum install psa-proftpd" it did not seem to install any dependency. Sadly I don't have the logs for this update.

Since then I can send emails but I can't receive anything and Plesk is not working. I get this:

Service is not available now, probably your Plesk is misconfigured.
Contact Your provider for details.

My plesk error log (/usr/local/psa/admin/logs/httpsd_error_log) complains that I don't have the following files:

- /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/logout.php3
- /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/vzcp_redirect.php
- /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/server/server.php3
- /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/vzcp_redirect.php

Is there anyone who could help me sort this out ?
Thanx in advance,
mig

Hello and thank you for your answer,

I tried that but unfortunately the procedure deleted too many things.
The autoinstaller exits with an error each time.

The good news is that I made my emails work again.
The missing package for that was psa-spamc.
So I just removed references to that antispam in the `.qmail` files.

I received some answers from media temple as to how I could fix Plesk.
I'll try that tomorrow and see if it works.

Thanx again,
mig

Back