• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk broken after a ProFTPd update

M

MigR

Hello,

I have a big problem.
Basically I am currently updating some softwares on a our server (a DV at media temple) and in the list I had to have ProFTPd 1.3.3

This version is not available in yum so I added the atomicorp location to yum so that I can use their version.
It did not manage to upgrade at first so I did what is suggested: removing the installed version before installing the new one. Here is how I uninstalled:

$ yum remove psa-proftpd

I don't know if it is the cause, but I've noticed that while removing it, it has been removing a lot of other things with a 'psa' prefix. And when I did "yum install psa-proftpd" it did not seem to install any dependency. Sadly I don't have the logs for this update.

Since then I can send emails but I can't receive anything and Plesk is not working. I get this:

Service is not available now, probably your Plesk is misconfigured.
Contact Your provider for details.

My plesk error log (/usr/local/psa/admin/logs/httpsd_error_log) complains that I don't have the following files:

- /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/logout.php3
- /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/vzcp_redirect.php
- /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/server/server.php3
- /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/vzcp_redirect.php

Is there anyone who could help me sort this out ?
Thanx in advance,
mig

Hello and thank you for your answer,

I tried that but unfortunately the procedure deleted too many things.
The autoinstaller exits with an error each time.

The good news is that I made my emails work again.
The missing package for that was psa-spamc.
So I just removed references to that antispam in the `.qmail` files.

I received some answers from media temple as to how I could fix Plesk.
I'll try that tomorrow and see if it works.

Thanx again,
mig

Back