• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Browser CRASH caused by Norton Toolbar version 2012.5.5.11

W

wazupbouy

Is your browser crashing every time you try to access Plesk or the Default Server Page served up by Plesk?

I found that both my Firefox and Internet Explorer browsers were crashing every time I tried to access my Parallels Plesk Panel. After some research I found that if I disabled the Norton Toolbar version 2012.5.5.11, my Plesk worked just fine. The event viewer was showing:

"Faulting application firefox.exe, version 14.0.1.4577, faulting module msvcr90.dll, version 9.0.30729.6161, fault address 0x0006ccd5"

But I narrowed it down to the Norton Toolbar.

Hope this helps someone out there...

Norton fixed this issue. Originally they said to run LiveUpdate and reboot, which I did to no avail. Even though all updates were done, it was still crashing. After about a day, they told me to run the LiveUpdate again and reboot. I did and it now works in IE, Fireofx, and Chrome.

Great customer service Norton! This was all handled via Twitter! Awesome job! That is why I recommend and sell your products to my customers!

Follow them @NortonSupport

Follow me @completetech

Back