1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Plesk cant see my bind install

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by VagaStorm, May 20, 2005.

1. VagaStorm

VagaStorm Basic Pleskian

73%
    I've just instaled plesk 7.5 for windows and BIND. Bind is even located at: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\dns\\bin\named.exe for some strange reason Plesk cant see bind, and is therefor I can not get past the select dns server step of my first login.... What should I do? The service is runing, and it shows up in the Plesk contol panel as ISC BIND.....

2. robtbs

robtbs Guest

BIND is included in the plesk 7.5 installation.
    i recieved this message too when i first logged into the control panel...

All i did to fix it was reboot the server and relogin to the control panel it detected it then.

3. orkunerbil

orkunerbil Basic Pleskian

23%
    I also had the same problem, after restarting plesk for once.It was telling that bind and MS Dns server was not installed.All I did was a restart to solve it.

4. geiar

geiar Guest

I still get the error with bind. I restart the server several times, but I get no change. I see that under C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\dns\ there is only one directory named "var" but there is nothing into. How can I fix this problem? The client's accoutn work well as always, but as admin I can't access the panel.
    PLease help me.

5. geiar

geiar Guest

Sorry, I've found the right directory, but anyway I can't get plesk see bind . What can I do?

6. robtbs

robtbs Guest

in C:\Program files\Swsoft\Plesk\dns

there should be 3 directories...
    Bin
    Etc
    Var

if there isnt looks like plesk hasnt installed BIND,
    you need to reinstall plesk or try the reconfigurator.

:(

7. geiar

geiar Guest

Yes, sure. I've found the 3 directories under D:\SWsoft... so I've them; but bind doesn't work after all. I don't know what to do...

8. orkunerbil

orkunerbil Basic Pleskian

23%
    Give plesk reconfigurator / plesk services a try.

9. geiar

geiar Guest

Ok, all goes well now. I could choose bind only from Internet Explorer on the localhost, not remotely from web. Anyway, now it's working well, but I say not to update PLesk windows from 7.5.1 to 7.5.3: maybe it's better to wait until next release...