• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk cant see my bind install

VagaStorm

Basic Pleskian
I've just instaled plesk 7.5 for windows and BIND. Bind is even located at: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\dns\\bin\named.exe for some strange reason Plesk cant see bind, and is therefor I can not get past the select dns server step of my first login.... What should I do? The service is runing, and it shows up in the Plesk contol panel as ISC BIND.....

BIND is included in the plesk 7.5 installation.
i recieved this message too when i first logged into the control panel...

All i did to fix it was reboot the server and relogin to the control panel it detected it then.

I also had the same problem, after restarting plesk for once.It was telling that bind and MS Dns server was not installed.All I did was a restart to solve it.

I still get the error with bind. I restart the server several times, but I get no change. I see that under C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\dns\ there is only one directory named "var" but there is nothing into. How can I fix this problem? The client's accoutn work well as always, but as admin I can't access the panel.
PLease help me.

Sorry, I've found the right directory, but anyway I can't get plesk see bind . What can I do?

in C:\Program files\Swsoft\Plesk\dns

there should be 3 directories...
Bin
Etc
Var

if there isnt looks like plesk hasnt installed BIND,
you need to reinstall plesk or try the reconfigurator.

:(

Yes, sure. I've found the 3 directories under D:\SWsoft... so I've them; but bind doesn't work after all. I don't know what to do...

Ok, all goes well now. I could choose bind only from Internet Explorer on the localhost, not remotely from web. Anyway, now it's working well, but I say not to update PLesk windows from 7.5.1 to 7.5.3: maybe it's better to wait until next release...

Back