• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Control Panel shows empty page after 8.1 upgrade

hovik

New Pleskian
I upgraded my Plesk 8.0 to 8.1 and when I tried to open the admin control panel via the 8443 port (i.e. https://myhost:8443/) it redirected to login.php3 and showed an empty page.

I enabled PHP error reporting as described in your Knowledge Base and I got the following error:

Fatal error: Unsupported operand types in /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/locales/en-US/messages_en-US.php on line 7862

Thank you in advance your help.

--
hm

Ok, I've found the problem, it was a PHP bug in that file - messages_en-US.php. I can't believe you released this package without even testing whether it works with PHP 4+ or not.

The problem is that starting from PHP 4 (I believe) you can't merge arrays using +. What I see in that file is a an attempt to use += on an array. I fixed that and it worked. In fact it turned out that $lmsg_arr is not defined elsewhere so you can just use assignment instead of +=.

Back