• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Question Plesk email alert login

MicheleB

Regular Pleskian
Hello... is possible to activate an email alert when someone login on Plesk (for example when a customer enter to manage its hosting or a user enter on Plesk to manage its mail account)?
Thanks.

It seems there was such a feature request on Plesk UserVoice. But I could not find it right away.

It seems there was such a feature request on Plesk UserVoice. But I could not find it right away.

I've found this your reply on UserVoice that suggest to use "Event Manager" to do it:

Which command shall I use to send an email to the administrator or custom email?
2020-04-23_08-45-45.png

# echo "Test text" | mail -s "Test title" [email protected]

Thanks Igor, it works except the body of the message.
If I use this format the body is empty, "Plesk event" text is not included:
echo "Plesk event" | mail -s "Alert: Plesk user logged in" tech@mypleskdomain

In addition I've two questions:
  1. Is possible to change the "from email"?
    Now I receive the email from psa user ("psaadm@mypleskdomain") but it doesn't exist.
    Is not a priority because I can activate an alias for psaadm@ but I'd like to use another email.
  2. How can I insert a message in the email including the username that logged in to Plesk?
    For example "The user 'mycustomer1' logged in to Plesk".

Thanks.

Last edited:
Thanks Igor, it works except the body of the message.
If I use this format the body is empty, "Plesk event" text is not included: mywegmansconnect
echo "Plesk event" | mail -s "Alert: Plesk user logged in" tech@mypleskdomain

In addition I've two questions:
  1. Is possible to change the "from email"?
    Now I receive the email from psa user ("psaadm@mypleskdomain") but it doesn't exist.
    Is not a priority because I can activate an alias for psaadm@ but I'd like to use another email.
  2. How can I insert a message in the email including the username that logged in to Plesk?
    For example "The user 'mycustomer1' logged in to Plesk".

Thanks.

Your information is very interesting. Thank you for sharing

Back