• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk for Fedora 8

A

audiomedia

we are waiting for a plesk package compatible with fedora 8. How long will this take to be released? any estimations?

Bernd

I believe Fedora 7 is not even supported yet. And Fedora Core 6 is already EOL. Any particular reason you want to run Fedora 8? We use CentOS for everything and the 7 years of security updates is something I'll recommend to anyone any day.

the main reason is that our new server is fedora 8. thus there is no possibility to switch just in order to be able to use plesk... but, nevertheless we would really like to use it.. :(

F8 for testing

I can think of a reason for Plesk on F8 . I want to install / reformat / install / reformat a computer so that I can ensure that I can restore a server and domains using my backups. This is not a public server, just a local test server, so a new free OS is great for the job, I just need Plesk on F8 . I'm going to try my test on Debian4 and FreeBSD6.1 first because they have Plesk packages.

Sure, testing backups is fine, but I don't see why you need Fedora 8 specifically. I'd say RHEL, CentOS, Debian and FreeBSD are all better choices for a server. I see Fedora 7 is supported now by the way: http://www.swsoft.com/en/products/plesk/reqs/

Fedora 8 hasn't been out that long and I can understand that it's not supported by SWsoft yet. And by the time Plesk on F8 is supported, F8 probably doesn't have to much supported lifetime left as the Fedora Project only provides just over a year of security updates per release. That's the problem with Fedora on servers: a very short supported lifetime.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big Fedora fan and I run it on my desktop machine.

Back