• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk ftp backup fails

N

NicoH

My plesk backup to a remote ftp server fails. I cant find the logs but when i look at the ftp server i can see the backup files (probably inclomplete). When i look in Plesk 9.5.3 at "current backup tasks" it just says, failed. No details given.

How can i find out whats wrong and fix it? Where are the backup log files located?

Try to find related error messages in logs from /usr/local/psa/PMM/logs/

Unfortunately nothing related. Plesk also doesnt deliver the notification e-mails about failing backups.

We had the same problem. But when doing a manual backup, the email notification were send including older notifications from the scheduled backups. The reason for the backup to "fail" was just a warning about a missing password of one of the user accounts.

I can confirm, that the email notification of the scheduled backup DOES NOT WORK at all.

@Nicoh,
It is maybe an issue related to user permissions to the logs. You should find the logs and apply 777 permissions.

Back