• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Health Monitor: how to change notification destination email?

Alban Staehli

Regular Pleskian
Hi,

I was wondering how to change the notification destination email for alerts sent by Plesk Health Monitor?
I tried to modify the XML configuration file with this at the beginning:

<Misc alarmsInterval="5">
<notificationEmail address="[email protected]"/>
</Misc>

But it doesn't work.
Thx for your help.

Hi Igor,

My modifications are stored here:
/usr/local/psa/var/custom-health-config.xml
I used the Plesk 11 web interface of Health Monitor to upload my xml file.

It seems these 3 lines of XML are not being taken into account.
I added them just before the first line "<Hdd>":
</Misc>
<Hdd>
It replaces the original line: <Misc alarmsInterval="5"/>

Is the XML I used is correct? I tried following the comments in the file.

Thx for your help.

Yes,

</Misc>
<Hdd>

is correct. But note that alarm notification will be sent to address [email protected] only when alarm level is reached for defined services. If all services are shown with Green status 'OK' on the Heath Monitoring page, notifications not be sent by design.

Try to run

# /usr/local/psa/bin/sw-engine-pleskrun /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/scripts/setup-health-monitor.php
# /etc/init.d/psa-health-monitor-notificationd restart

I executed both commands this morning... I received again later on notification emails on the other address, not the one defined in the XML file.

I executed both commands this morning... I received again later on notification emails on the other address, not the one defined in the XML file.
Try to find something useful in Plesk maillog. You can find there why this email address is used for HM notifications or why specified is not used.

Alright, I finally found a solution by reading this post: http://talk.plesk.com/threads/setting-health-monitoring-options-from-shell.110342/

I had to edit the /usr/local/psa/var/custom-health-config.xml manually through the command line, as the changes made via the Plesk Interface when I uploaded the config file were not taken into account.
And then I restarted the service: /etc/init.d/psa-health-monitor-notificationd restart

I just had the same problem, a full five years later on from the original post.

Is there a bug with the Plesk GUI not updating the XML file?!?

Back