• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk integrity problem

TurnJoke

New Pleskian
Hey all,

i've got an big issue with Plesk.

A few weeks ago some functionalities of the Plesk admin panel crashed, such as viewing the content panel of some customers or specific domains. There where a lot of database issues showing up. I used the database integrity checker to fix them, this worked pretty well. At this time i thought that Plesk tried to update itself to a new version and that this failed, what resulted in the mentioned database errors.

Some days ago suddenly Plesk panel again got some issues, NO customers were visible for a short time, also no domains. A few minutes later it worked again, but i noticed, that ALL Domain Aliases are gone. The Plesk panel doesn't show any Alias. I checked the database and this showed that the DNS records of the Aliases are still available, but that there are no entries in the DomainAliases table. Also i noticed, that Plesk didn't write any backup since the suggested update error. The backup task is still active, but all backups failed.

Now the point is, i think i could restore all of my Domain Aliases from an older backup, but i think Plesk might got some serious issues. Maybe the failed update did not only crash the database, possibly also the Plesk files are damaged? Is this possible? What can be a good way to deal with this? We are currently using Plesk 11.0.9 #55, will an upgrade help? Is there a way to check the integrity of the Plesk files similar to the database check?

Thanks in advance for all of your help!

Best,

Philipp

Here i've got the stdout of a failed backup.. maybe this helps focusing the problem?
EDIT: I also found out that there is a bootstrapper repair tool which maybe can fix the problem.. but some people said that this tool changes the whole database and that you can loose current database content. Is this correct?
Code:
-------------- Start print backup log hire --------------
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  <execution-result status="error" log-location="/usr/local/psa/PMM/sessions/2013-07-27-224814.775/migration.result">
    <message id="747c259c-0bf8-4beb-8397-fdef2955ea6b" severity="error" code="fatal">
      <description>Runtime error</description>
    </message>
    <message id="a7634370-a593-46c2-8639-1f70e88058dc" severity="error" code="CheckDump">
      <description>Unable to check dump: Could not check dump. Invalid xml response:
 at /usr/local/psa/PMM/agents/PleskX/PmmCli.pm line 177
  PmmCli::parseCheckDumpResult('Error: adjacent parameter is empty in \'dump-file-specificati...') called at /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/plesk_agent_manager line 1205
  main::checkDump('/var/lib/psa/dumps', '', '/usr/local/psa/PMM/sessions/2013-07-27-224814.775') called at /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/plesk_agent_manager line 672
  main::__ANON__() called at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/Error.pm line 415
  eval {...} called at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/Error.pm line 407
  Error::subs::try('CODE(0x1d7f0150)', 'HASH(0x1d7f0480)') called at /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/plesk_agent_manager line 681
  main::perform('verbose', 1, 'owner-type', 'server', 'split-size', 'undef', 'only-hosting', 1, 'session-path', ...) called at /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/plesk_agent_manager line 1279
  main::__ANON__() called at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/Error.pm line 408
  eval {...} called at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/Error.pm line 407
  Error::subs::try('CODE(0x1d042170)', 'HASH(0x1e8aaef0)') called at /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/plesk_agent_manager line 1288
  main::main() called at /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/plesk_agent_manager line 1290.
</description>
    </message>
    <message id="0d7a71f7-98e1-41d0-88da-d6eb3061e735" severity="error" code="fatal">
      <description>Unable to create dump</description>
    </message>
  </execution-result>
-------------- End print backup log hire --------------

Last edited:
Bootstrapper repair in Plesk 11.0.9 essentially reruns upgrade actions, including those that upgrade DB. This may help your installation or this may break it even worse. Anyway, go ahead and try if you have a backup you can rollback to.

Thanks for your reply!

I have a complete plesk backup from end of june.
Does this backup contain also the plesk files itself or just the configuration and the customer data?
If so, is it possible to only restore the plesk files and configuration and to leave out the customer contet?
(Because this changed a lot since then)

Best,

Philipp

AFAIK, only configuration and customer data. But don't take my word for it - I'm no guru.

Regarding your previous question: upgrading is probably not a good idea since DB inconsistency increases chances that upgrade will fail mid-way.

I don't think that the database has inconsistencies now. I ran the db checker and it shows that everything is okay.
I guess that the files of plesk maybe are damaged.

For everyone who has similar problems: upgrade to 11.5 and running httpdmng finally solved the issue.

Back