• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Forwarded to devs Plesk key update deferral notification

daanse

Regular Pleskian
TITLE:
Plesk key update deferral notification
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE:
Plesk 17.5 / Debian 8.8 / Ubuntu 16 LTS / 64 Bit / web Pro / Web Host ...
PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
Issue - Plesk key update deferral notification

Problem is this Error via Email:
"
Unable to update EXT.XXXXXXXXX.0006: an error occurred while processing your key. You can try to retrieve the key manually in Plesk (Tools & Settings > License Management) or let Plesk try to update it in the next 24 hours. If you do not want to receive this notification any more, remove this key from Plesk."

I get this every Month with several Servers.
And often i get those Errors twice (2 Days for each Server) and than it works again.
Someties i have to pull new License manually.​
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
Install Plesk on Debian and use it.​
ACTUAL RESULT:
Unable to update EXT.XXXXXXXXX.0006: an error occurred while processing your key. You can try to retrieve the key manually in Plesk (Tools & Settings > License Management) or let Plesk try to update it in the next 24 hours. If you do not want to receive this notification any more, remove this key from Plesk.​
EXPECTED RESULT:
NO EMAILS!! I never made changes to License.​
ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM:
Help with sorting out

Hi daanse,

unfortunetly, this is a very often experienced bug ( so... confirmed from my side as well, on Debian mostly ( + sometimes, but not this often as well on Ubuntu - based systems ).

Might be interesting, what the Plesk - devs tell us about the experienced issue, so that it might be possible to elimate this long - lasting issue.

We have this every month on ALL servers. Why can you not just implement that the task runs again and tries to refresh the license at a later point before it notifies the admin?

From developer:

This issue is quite possible since KA (KeyAdmin) has peak upload times (about 20 minutes). If we are talking about virtual servers made from an image, then the task, that performs the license update, can run on several servers simultaneously and fall during a heavy load on the KA. In this case, the Plesk does not have time to wait for an answer in one minute and transfers the update the next day. To fix the situation: it's worth watching on problem servers - the launch time of the cron-task to update the license (DailiyMaintainanceScript) and move it +/- a couple of hours.

All our servers are custom installations running the Plesk installer ourselfs on them.

Will there be any implementation to retry several times before it sends out errors to admins?

@IgorG
Please provide an update on this issue, it gets more frequent recently that it fails to retrieve the latest key.

From developer:

This issue is quite possible since KA (KeyAdmin) has peak upload times (about 20 minutes). If we are talking about virtual servers made from an image, then the task, that performs the license update, can run on several servers simultaneously and fall during a heavy load on the KA. In this case, the Plesk does not have time to wait for an answer in one minute and transfers the update the next day. To fix the situation: it's worth watching on problem servers - the launch time of the cron-task to update the license (DailiyMaintainanceScript) and move it +/- a couple of hours.

Please provide the details to the script that we are supposed to move to another launch time. In the task manager is no such script "DailyMaintainanceScript" listed.

HI @UFHH01 ,
we had also some additionally cron jobs running for this but i.e. the License has already been updated, the Cron runs, failing and generates some other weird Emails.
So this was even more annoying.

There has to be a improvement on this.

Back