• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk Migration Fail to connect servers together

albertoz

New Pleskian
Hi,
I'm trying to use plesk migration extension but it fail suddenly...

With password autentication appear this error

"""
Failed to fetch basic information about resellers, clients and domains data from source servers
Cause: Command execution failed on the local server with non-zero exit code.
command: rsync -r --chmod=Fu=r,Du=rwx,go= --timeout=30 -e 'ssh -i /usr/local/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/sessions/20180521080203/ssh-keys/id_rsa.xxxxmyipxxxxx-p 27653 -o PasswordAuthentication=no -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no -o GSSAPIAuthentication=no' /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/panel-migrator/backend/lib/python/parallels/plesk/source/legacy/extras/plesk_17_0_pmm_shared/ root@xxxxmyipxxxxx:/tmp/plesk_migrator-ex8zpzy78niseaodloax8zbi4p08vym3/pmm_agent
exit code: 255
stdout:
stderr: Permission denied (publickey,gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic,password).
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far) [sender]
rsync error: unexplained error (code 255) at io.c(226) [sender=3.1.1]

That is a critical error, migration was stopped.

""""

With SSH KEY autetication appear this error

""""
Failed to connect to the source server 'source' (xxxxmyipxxxxx) by SSH: not a valid EC private key file

""""

Some info....

> - Plesk version are the same (up to date)

> - SSH Port and Plesk ports are the same and are the default ports

> - For the ssh key i've follow this guide

> Authentication by SSH (Linux)

> and with ssh can comunicate from and to servers in both direction

> - Os are differents ubuntu for the target and centos for the source

> - Private RSA key created without the passphrase

> - Follow also this topic without success
Resolved - Migration error using SSH Keys "Failed to connect to the source server 'source' ('X.X.X.X') by SSH:

> No particular iptables rules on source server

Thank you in advance.

On previous similar occasions users had used a user with root privileges but not named "root" on the source machine. It is important however, that the user is named "root".

Hello, trying to migrate some accounts to Plesk. These accounts are on a server at Godaddy using cpanel.

Tried several attempts one with root user and password and also with another username with root privileges.

Both fail.

I'm not sure why this is so difficult and what the problem is.

Most recent error is below using password authentication.

Failed to perform action: Fetch shallow data from source cPanel
Cause: Command execution failed on the local server with non-zero exit code.
command: rsync -r --chmod=Fu=r,Du=rwx,go= --timeout=30 -e 'ssh -i /usr/local/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/sessions/21200302184450/ssh-keys/id_rsa.{removed} -p 22 -o PasswordAuthentication=no -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no -o GSSAPIAuthentication=no' /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/panel-migrator/backend/lib/python/parallels/plesk/source/legacy/extras/plesk_11_5_pmm_shared/ myuser@ipaddressremoved:/home/dan/plesk_migrator/plesk_migrator-ospju5onzqi312qaz33478ul7pnpzv0j/pmm_agent
exit code: 255
stdout:
stderr: Permission denied (publickey,gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic,password,keyboard-interactive).
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far) [sender]
rsync error: unexplained error (code 255) at io.c(226) [sender=3.1.1]

I also followed the guide here

and also gives an error:

Failed to perform action: Fetch shallow data from source cPanel
Cause: Failed to connect to the the source server 'cpanel' (removed) at 'removed' by SSH as 'dan': encountered RSA key, expected OPENSSH key

Note: dan is a user with root privileges. I have tried as "root" user and it still gives the same error.

Back